omg, help me. My silkie has hoarded the ducks eggs

That is so exciting! I think you AND momma silkie are doing a great job so far
big_smile.png
I hope she stays with the eggs until they all hatch.
jumpy.gif
If you keep plenty of food and water close by for the chicks then maybe she will be comfortable staying put. If she feels her babies need to be taken out to eat she'll get up.

Quote:
yay! so momma is eating, all her scratch is gone, i put some right in front of her.

and i saw the baby pecking the chick starter. Whoopi!!

I only wish i knew when the other were gonna hatch. I held her little all black one. IT HAS 5 TOES! I know mottled houdans have 5 toes, what about silkies? Daddy is a barred cochin. Black chickie has feathered feet. =O)

OH! P.S.....

i got a FREE UNUSED incubator today for taking care of my buddies granny for a week. Its the little giant still air, but i figure itd work better than a shoebox or some rig i did up. Soooo if she leaves them ill use it!

no new babies have hatched =O(

she is STILL sitting on them, and when i check on her, the 2 babies come out to say hi. I see the babies pecking around at the food scattered all around them, so i know they are eating. Momma is eating too. So all is well i guess. I want to take her eggs so bad and incubate them myself, but i wont.... =O(

Back
Top Bottom