OMG I am so excited !!!!!!

Only the ones she has kicked out.
I've been ok now with removing those permanently because I have them documented as being "rejected" more than once. Ya know, to make sure it wasn't just her or Daisy being clumsy as 1st time parents.

I have opened 4 so far.
20221021_113725.jpg

20221025_160754.jpg

20221025_161052.jpg

20221025_161337.jpg

Has she started brooding yet?
I don't know to be honest.
She's not doing the cute little squeak anymore or fluffing up when we get close to her like she was before I took the majority of her eggs, also keeping in mind she flattened her nest when I did that, did it break her out of being broody? However, I am seeing her sitting more often on the eggs, today was the first day I have seen her sit on them during the day. She's been sitting on them every night since I returned them all though.

All the eggs need candled again and if there isn't life in any of them why put her through this? She will get over it I'm thinking you are the one having trouble with it. :( and please don't take what I said as being mean to you. But we are good at putting human emotions onto our birds. I do it too.
I promise if she hasn't any ducklings in these eggs and you take them away and get rid of them She will get over it and there is always next year.

All the eggs need candled again and if there isn't life in any of them why put her through this? She will get over it I'm thinking you are the one having trouble with it. :( and please don't take what I said as being mean to you. But we are good at putting human emotions onto our birds. I do it too.
I promise if she hasn't any ducklings in these eggs and you take them away and get rid of them She will get over it and there is always next year.
Yes, I have had a couple absolute emotional breakdowns, once when in the act of removing the eggs and one when I saw the very first egg I opened was fertilized. I was inconsolable per my SO. Also, I absolutely agree with not wanting to put her through unnecessary brooding. I was struggling to find hope that maybe I just wasn't giving her enough time.

How many eggs are there? How old are they? Has she stopped laying because that can be temperature/seasonal based? Did you candle the eggs?
Sorry for not answering you until now. I promise I wasn't ignoring, just been busy getting my Dad started with appts and scheduling medical procedures. We just found out he has lung cancer.

Answers to your questions:
1. 20-22 (I can't remember right now) as of yesterday.
2. She stopped laying on 10/22, last egg on 10/21
3. I haven't candle them all again since I posted the initial candling pics on 10/20. I plan to do this today when I get home from appts.
4. Eggs range in age from 9/23 - 10/21. I don't have access to my updated spreadsheet sheet that reflects the ones destroyed at the moment but this will give you their age.
Screenshot_20221026-124939_VNC Viewer.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I sure understand how things going on in our lives can really set us back, I hope your dad responds really well to treatment and recovers. :hugs
Thank you. I don't know what stage it is yet, that's how recent we found out. We're at the hospital now, been here since 8:30am. PET scan was scheduled this morning but then had to be rescheduled. His biopsy was scheduled for 1:00pm so now I'm just waiting for them to come get him.

Last update on this 1st clutch:

All remaining eggs candled either for the first time or second time and I saw no veins, no development. I won't be returning any of them and I have already broken up Daffy's nest. She never again did the cute squeaking after I removed the eggs the first time and stopped tucking her head and fluffing her feathers when getting close to her.

Back
Top Bottom