OMG...I feel so bad...U2 killed my African grey today..sick about it!!

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry that happened and it's unfortunate that accidents do happen. I thought that my chickens were safe being around my dogs because they were raised free ranged for a year that way. Then all of a sudden one day one of my dogs decided it was a good idea to kill one of my chickens. I can't blame the dog it was my fault, they are animals after all
idunno.gif

oh, man, I'm SO sorry about your heartbreak. I hope the 'too adapts to his next home. It sounds like you've worked really hard to help him. I know the feeling of having something like this happen, and the guilt that goes along with it. Forgive yourself, and learn from it.
hugs.gif

Hi guys...thanks again for all the kind words. The too went to his new home and I think it is a good thing. The new "mom" has grown children (no babies in the house) and understands the clingy-screaminess of a cockatoo. She also doesn't have other loose birds (she has parakeets in cages, which he won't bother). Now I am going to set out looking for another grey and that's it. They are so sweet and easy-going. If anyone knows of an adult needing a home or of someone who has babies, let me know. Thanks again!

Oh I feel like crying! I have 2 African grays. I keep their cage door shut unless I am watching them. DH lets his walk around on the floor with the dog and I keep telling him to STOP THAT!!!
Carelessness like what he does is inexcusable I think. His gray has destroyed electrical cords, computers.. you name it by chewing them.. I do not let mine walk around unsupervised. And when I let my macaws out, the grays are shut in and vice versa.
He thinks they can all just roam loose with the dog and everything will be alright.
He makes me SO MAD!!! I have heard so many stories already of macaws or big cockatoos biting the heads off of African Grays and smaller birds in one bite that I would NEVER DREAM of letting them loose together. I have even heard of big parrots like macaws biting the legs off of a cat and killing it! They are to be treated like a potential predator around your smaller animals and protect them accordingly!.

Anyways, so sorry for your loss. Please be more careful with the other animals in your care.

Last edited:
Not to be a turd, but i don't really need to hear that I need to be more careful in the future. I feel bad enough already without those type of comments. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Quote:
Come on now - totally unnecessary.
barnie.gif

My U2 died last year and I miss her something horrible but they don't make like her most of the time - U2's can be a handful

I am so sorry - I would be sick to my stomach if that happened to me. My brother just had a dog kill one his other dogs - so we just went through a similiar situation.
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I am so sorry. I understand though. My U2 and Blue and Gold macaw went at it one day. They were both rescues. Thankfully they were both adult sized so it was a minor injury fix all the way around. I learned a valuable lesson that day and never left them both out in the house together.

I am so sorry.. I have an M2 who is such a sweetie. My BG likes to get on her cage and harrass her. But I know when he does because she will start shrieking. But I don't believe he would actually hurt her. He just likes to "play" with her. Usually cockatoos are not bird aggressive. I don't think it was your fault. Things happen. Forgive yourself.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom