OMG I FOUND A CHICKEN!!!!*shes gone...:(*

Way cool! That is how we got our showgirl chicken. Found her on the road near our house (we live out in the sticks). Had her for about 9 months and she is great.
Good luck with her, she is lucky you came along when you did.
yippiechickie.gif

yeah she is! if not, she woulda gotten eaten for sure! :eek:

im pretty sure a Houdan or an Apenenzzer
smile.png

Poor thing does look abandoned, but you might want to put a classified in your local newspapers under "Lost and Found" to make sure it doesn't have an owner looking for it. Then keep and love!

Quote:
ok doke will do but there isnt any other chicken owners close by us...

Looks like a mixed breed girl to me. It also appears that she has a tiny girl spur on her leg. It's not unusual for hens to have small ones.

My thought is that maybe she hitched an unexpected ride on a truck or something. When I was little, a neighbor's chicken took a ride home to our house in the engine compartment of my dad's truck. She made herself at home and laid eggs for us.

Looks like a Sultan mix or just a pet quality one. I would keep her and give her a bath and a dusting. I am sure she is thankful you found her.
D.gif

ok, im now almost positive she is a sultan now that her hair is all off to the side now
smile.png
she does have a deformed toe but i think its just her fifth toe because she has like 2 toe nails on 1 toe
cool.png
she does have a lil tiny tiny spur on her
hmm.png
but dont hens get that too?

whats the best way to mix her with my flock? shes not as big as the big girls but bigger thatn the 4 EE chicks and 3 silkies
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom