OMG I FOUND A CHICKEN!!!!*shes gone...:(*

She's just a really scared little chicken. Give her some time. Remember animals have a timeframe called NATURE that sometimes takes longer than our timeframe called NURTURE. We think by such and such time she should be a certain way. Well, explain that to her! You can't, of course. So just hang in there. She may come around before you expect it, anyway.

BTW, if you can't handle owning her, try to find someone who does chicken rescue, perhaps?

Wow! You are so lucky. I hope she can get all the love and attention she needs. Is she friendly? Did she put up a fuss when you picked her up?? I always wonder that when I read a post about someone finding a chicken.

DUH!! I just realized I missed reading a page of posts!
tongue.png
Sorry for the now stupid question!

If you have time, maybe you can spend some time talking to her everyday. Just talk baby-talk from outside of her pen and see if she listens.
D.gif

i caught with a net because she was runnin away
roll.png
but then i carried her for 15mins to the car and she squirmed but i didnt let go
big_smile.png

She is very pretty she looks alot like our silkie cross Spot. I think if you give her time she will calm down alot. I will try to remember to post a picture of Spot tomarrow. To tired to load photobucket right now.

GOod Luck and don't give up even if she doesn't like to be touched she can still make a great pet.
We got three 5 yr old Banties from a lady who had never touched them. After two years with us one is very tame once you catch her but the other two go nuts and scream like you ar trying to kill them. They still lay eggs and are beautiful to watch running around the yard
Melissa

It took our puppy mill rescue dog a YEAR to decide we were ok-and another 6 months to decide he liked us.We love the little fella and he didn't bite-he just hid all the time
selectpix093.jpg

Last edited:
hit.gif
shes goooone!!!
sad.png
somethin got her or she got out but shes gone
he.gif
i dont know how it got out or what got in but shes gone
hit.gif
:thun i only knew her for a day but im stilll gonna miss her
hit.gif
i bet it was a racoon that got er