OMG I JUST SAW A MOUSE *WE CAUGHT ONE!*

Quote:
Yeah, it's a cans and bottles only cupboard, it's chewed the paper off one of the tuna cans, but thats about it. We have all our flours, and baking goods in glass and plastic containers on top of the fridge.

some cats are ground hunters and some are air hunters. if your cat doesn't play with floor toys, mice will not be a 'target' for it.

maybe you could feed the mouse catnip!
lol.png

Look for a "MICE CUBE"

Its a long plastic box, with a flap on one end that flaps toward the inside, you put in a cracker with peanut butter or something, the mouse goes in but can't get out - you can then take the box outside, roll it to its top side, and the flap opens - mouse runs away.

This is the one http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000WB13QC/interactiveya8534-20

I
bought mine at walmart for $2 or something.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL my cat is beyond a ground player, he's an everywhere player, actually my cat is insane, litterally. He is the son of a feral mother and bengal cattery father, he fended for himself for 3 days at about a week old. He's caught 2 mice already, and he is BRUTAL with them, we've had other cats catch mice before, but he flings them around, like a dog will play with a toy, it's horrifying, but he hasn't caught anything since that second mouse, even though he's been interested in the cupboards, and the bathroom cabinet where we KNOW mice are coming in and he has caught the ones in there.

i have seen a few mice at our farm house around the coop and the other day i pick up our traffic cone my dad use when he taught us all how to drive and there was a mouse nest with 9 babies under it..some where brown and some were gray???

Please feed your cat! Just like some hens will go broody and some won't, good mousing ability is not what today's cats are bred for.

I find that the mice in my house that get past the cats and dog (GREAT mouser) are smart enough to stay within the walls and ceiling, also crawl spaces, etc. So the cats and dog will never get to them.

What works well here is to put several snap traps inside a sturdy shoe box or small cardboard box. I cut several mouse-size doors in the box and bait the traps with peanut butter, just a dab under the trigger. Put the box where you have seen or heard mouse evidence and be patient.

I like using a box because, depending on how the mouse is positioned when it triggers the spring, it can be a bit messy. Or an incomplete kill and the trap gets dragged away....you don't want this to happen, as you might not find it, especially in a crawl space.

We live in an older home with lots of established tunnels in the walls, etc, so every fall we are battling unwanted tenants!

You can also buy snap traps made of plastic that you can re-use, but if you are squeamish, the cheap wooden ones can be tossed in the trash, mouse and all.

Quote:
We also live in an older home, 1870, we find it hard NOT to feed the cat, he's a very good scrounger and hunter, but again he gets A LOT of food and is getting on the chunky side, everytime we keep him off food for a couple days, he gets some mice, he's just too lazy to hunt right now, it's easier hunting dog food
smile.png

Quote:
Yes! We found a deer mouse earlier in the year living in.... an old javex bottle with her babies, some were PINTO! pretty impressive if you ask me, unfortunately if they're indoors they can have up to 10 litters a year, and from the litter we saw, she had about 6 babies.

Just be glad it's not a rat. We don't have mice or rat problems in our house, but we have rat's in the yard and chicken coop area. Having seven cats helps.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom