OMG...Is this the "Egg Song"? photo added on page 2

I am SOOO jealous!
tongue2.gif

My girls turned 20 weeks old yesterday. Just can't wait for my first egg!

Congrats!

Cindy

Okay guys...here's my girls' first egg!
31803_058.jpg

My white EE took about 2 hours of squawking/playing in the run/squawking...and here it is! I took the picture w/the tan egg next to a store bought large white egg.

Hmmm - in the photo the bowl looks like it's smiling...so am I
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Egg song! It more like a sorority sing-a-long. They are all such buddies that if one is not feeling so good…they all have to tell me. If I am outside with them, then they are quiet. If I am in the house, they have to tell me, and the whole neighborhood that something is up.

Their repertoire is…. 1) that someone is about to lay an egg….2) that they want to lay an egg ….3) that someone has laid an egg…OR ….4) GO TEAM GO!

I even have one bird, my Jersey Giant that comes to the back door complains/ ”sings”. There are three nest boxes and they all like only one. If the favorite box is in use and they do not want to share….I have to go out, and “point” to the other box and “tell” her it is OK to use. . Then she goes in it and in a little while, she lays her egg. I bet you do not believe that. I wouldn’t have believe it either if someone had told me that. But she has done it four times now.

I can hardly wait to see what happens as I build their NEW facility.
th.gif

Quote:
Your EE's egg looks just like our white EE's first egg. It was much lighter than our black sex link, Omlet, was laying. Then the other black sex link laid an egg that was much darker that Omlet's eggs.

I like the happy bowl. Here is my happy face, Omlet's first 8 eggs.

If the sound they make is cluck cluck cluck cluck BAGAAAAAWWWWWWWWKKKKKK! Then its' the egg song.
big_smile.png

Congrats on your egg!!!! Did she make it to the nesting box?

I was out of town visiting our college daughter...To answer your question
- NO she did not make it to the nest box. She did not lay on Saturday or Sunday, found another egg today (Monday) on the coop floor again! We have 4 nesting boxes, filled w/shavings and plastic Easter eggs weighted with sand to make them more realistic. Why is she not using the boxes?!?

Quote:
My Buff Orp took a week to make it to the nesting box. I'm sure she'll get it there, just give her some time to get used to the whole laying thing.

Back
Top Bottom