OMG, it's a BOY!!!!

amystours

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Alexandria, Louisiana
I know it's pretty insignificant to everybody, but I've "suspected" one of my Silkies may be a roo....I heard some type of commotion the other day, couldn't figure out what in the world it was, sounded like a drowning cat (or so I'm guessing that's what a drowning cat would sound like).

This morning, I was cleaning the yard, and heard the same racket, but a little more like a crow. I stuck my head behind the fence just in time to see my pretty white silkie stretch that neck out and yell:

BRAWK ERRR bawk ERRRRRRR!!!!! (and yes, that's what it sounded like!!!!!)

I had to smile at him. It was too cute. Guess he's learning how he's supposed to do that!

Yep, I posted awhile back that my SO thought he heard a "stranglin' dog" which turned out to be one of my roos. Congrats on your boy showing his true self. I'm still waiting for my other rooster to crow, but he's a girly man.
tongue.png

Quote:
No, it's not insignifcant at all....it's the rooster version of getting the first egg...Our kids are growing up.
roll.png

I remember the time my previous rooster crowed for the first time. The chicks weren't very old, only 5-6 weeks old, and they were in an unused upstairs bedroom (in a very large box) until the weather warmed up. I was walking by the bottom of the stairs putting laundry away when I heard a weird noise. Upon further investigation,
lol.png
I found my little silver spangled hamburg roo trying to crow. It reminded me of the sound that came from a homemade turkey call that my son had made from the Thanksgiving turkey bones.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was pretty hilarious!!! I just wish someone other than myself could have witnessed it, so I would have someone to laugh with me!! Knew I could count on you guys to fill that void for me!!!

Thank goodness he's pretty small, just hoping he doesn't find his volume knob!! Might have to start locking them up at night if he comes under my window doing that foolishness at 4 am!!!

BTW, he's almost five months old and this is the first we've heard him!!!! Now if the big girls will get with the program and start laying, we'll be set!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom