Omg! It's happening! My first time!

My previous post was about the first egg (if it hadn't already hatched). I miss read you last post. I wouldn't help with the others that haven't pipped yet. When they start to run out of air there muscles will contract and that will cause them to pip through the shell on their own.

Yeah I was only curious about the first pipping egg, since it has been almost 2 days since I noticed the crack. If no progress has been made when I get home tonyte from work, I will try and peel back a small part of the already popped shell and see about making a small hole in the membrane. Thanks for your advice! And ill keep ya posted!.

Update! My informant has sent a pix of a duckling who has wiggled its way free. One down, hopeing other follows suit. Will post pic when I get home.:D

woot.gif

Lucky YOU! I wish it was hatch day for my batch! It's always so exciting!
thumbsup.gif

Ok we got 2! Both of the pipping eggs are out and wiggling about!
Question:
Will the wigglers harm the unhatched eggs with all their bouncing and smacking against them and causing them to roll? I plan on removing them after they are a day old, so tomorrow afternoon.

Also:
Do you think this is to much humidity? Lol
These Incubators do NOT have nearly enough room for even 1 chick.

Thanks!

BIG PROBLEM!

The second baby has that split leg thing! His hips arn't right. Any advice? I am reasearching it right now.

And here are some first shots:

Thank you so much! I am trying it right now. :) He's getting a little extra love from adopted momma. He's rocking a Tow-mater (cars) Band-aid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom