OMG ... It's raining!?!

ZooAtHome

Songster
Jun 7, 2018
NW Oregon
Chicks first rain since going out to the coop three days ago. They are pretty sure the world is ending. :lau
FirstRain.jpg

I went out and talked to them, which brought them out of the corner. Closed the window and door. Cuddled the ones that like to be cuddled. Offered some treats. They now feel much better.
Preview_Coop Camera 1_01_20190525_155720_68785812.jpg

And, yes, it is STILL raining. They just don't care anymore. :lol:

My chickens used be be afraid of my mowing or weed whacking loud sound close to their runs or coop, now their used to it.

Mine were like that with my power drill. I'm always building or adding on to their brooder or coop or something. At first they all crammed themselves into a corner as far from the noise as they could get. Now, they just tilt their heads and give me that "What you building now?" look. :p

I'm assuming they'll be the same with the rain. Closing up the window and door seemed to really help. They mostly settled down after that.

Is that a Beilfeilder? (I butchered the spelling......)

No, but based on pictures I've seen, he looks very similar to one. He's supposed to be a Crested Cream Leghorn crossed with ... something. :idunno Two somethings, actually, but the hatchery won't say what specifically. They call them "Colorpack Layers" and the pullets (I have two which look very different from each other) are supposed to lay green to blue eggs. I say "supposed to" because I have another chick from the same hatchery that was sold as a Black Copper Marans/Barred Rock cross, but his gender and feather patterns disagree with that claim. Both crosses were supposed to be sex links, but only the CCL cross cockerel had the telltale dot and barred feathers. The BCM/BR cockerel was a total surprise as he has neither when he should have had both, yet I am almost certain he is a boy. :confused:

When I chose my chicks, I was going for a mixed color assortment of both chickens and eggs. I believe I've achieved the first goal quite nicely. Time will tell with the second.

Back
Top Bottom