OMG!! My mom turned up the temp UPDATE possible pip!!!

I know you are nervous but there is nothing to worry about. temps of 101 are natural for still air bators 102 is usually the range for eggometers with alarms. Crucial temps for instant kills are around 104.5 - 105 but 102 is not dangourus unless you are in lock down and even then you will probably get some wrapped chicks but that would be it. Since your not in lockdown you should be fine
wink.png

Quote:
day 27 of 28 IS lockdown for turkey eggs.. at least for mine it is.

keep the humidity up and you will not have any wrapped chicks/poults//.... the temp is ok..

Oh no. I'm not doing anything or saying anything about it to my mom. I kinda freaked out a little when she told me, but after I looked at the bator and explained to her (as nicely as I could at the time) that she had read the humidity reading and not the temp reading, I just told her it was probably fine. I logged on here and ranted and then went out and made dinner with her.
smile.png

We are in lockdown. Today is the day before hatch, day 27 of 28. My humidity has been between 70-74% since last night when I finally got it up from the low 60s. We'll see in the next few days I guess.

Quote:
Nuts??
just wait until things start hatching.. all of those other teachers will be falling over each other to see what you have.. just watch and see..

We're pretty sure we see 1 or 2 of the eggs moving and one with a pip on the underside that makes it impossible to see if there's a hole!!!

Quote:
In the future mark the hydrometer with Blue tape and the thermometer with red tape- then there is no 9or less) confusion, also put the hydrometer farther back of the thermometer (if possible) so the first thing someone sees is temp.

Back
Top Bottom