OMG - Not sure I'm ready for this!

They're so FLUUFFFY!!! Cute babies!

Just make sure they have warmth, food and water and check for pasty butt often.

Call or email me if you need help.

OH......... and stock up on paper towel.. you're gonna be changing that A LOT!

You're doing great! How nice of you to take all that on.

The only advise I have is to get a chick waterer or a smaller water dish with pebbles in it. New chicks fall asleep anywhere, even standing up, and they can drown in surprisingly little water.

Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job! I had an older couple that lived down the road, who had 2 quarter horses, 2 dogs, lotsa barn cats. The couple liked to travel a lot. I really didn't mind stopping by in the mornings before work to let the horses out to pasture, and feed chores. Then put everybody away and feed just before dark. Dandy, the one horse loved to give me "Dandy Kisses"...but as I said I was on my way to work and already showered. So the owner, set me up my own little cleaning up station in the barn, even tho I could go in the house. It was a new clean bucket, hanging on the fawcett, clean towels, soap,a mirror was already on the wall, but too high for me to use, so another bucket turned upside down.
One time while babysitting there, I had a very strange premonition, something wasn't right. Stopped by on my way to work, they were to arrive back home late the night before, no one was there, I did my usual chores that morn, stopped by after work, still no sign of anyone there at all! I was making calls then everywhere, no one had heard a thing. I kept doing"my chores" their at their place forfor almost another week! Until, I finally get a call from them from somewhere in Mexico...they had been on a cruise ship, the Mister had a heart attack, had to be taken to mainland, and was not worried in the least about his beautiful well mannered horses in my hands! I'm sure your friend feels the same or they wouldn't have asked you! Looks like you are doing great, baby chicks look happy , I'm sure all their other animals are well in your care too!
wee.gif

Yes, they look like Quail d'Anvers which are my favorite! The legs are typically dark but sometimes they just show up lighter in the pics and also darken up with age. Very adorable and I believe they are now yours through default
gig.gif

Good job!

Last edited:
86138_img_4823.jpg

86138_img_4819.jpg

86138_img_4818.jpg

Here's the parents!!!!

I put a smaller lid for water in the bin for tonight. Will get a chick waterer tomorrow!

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif

I think the little gray one is a roo (yeah, one day with chicks and now I'm an expert! Ha Ha) and my DS named him Gaspacho. He's the one who has to check everything out first, stretch up tall, lead the other one around. The smaller black one we think is a female (see earlier comment) and I'm thinking of naming her Chamomile because she falls asleep every time I pick her up! She tries to burrow under his tiny wing or body for comfort! So cute together.... I really CAN'T separate them.... right???? Don't chickens get separation anxiety? I know I do!!!

barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom