Omg,now What?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rooster brandon., Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    As some of you know my neighbor has a game rooster and 2 hens completely free no food ether well he has killed one of my ameracana roos and wounded my jersey giant the neighbor said since he has gotten meiner he might trade him back for a stag from the guy he got him from !well we have him in a cage now!Well my rooster is to young to show him whos has this terriotory well i just wnt and got a ruble hatch and a pair of silver pheonix chickens the hatch are extremely aggresieve ( i dont fight games i like there agressievness (spelling) )Well the neighbor has told me he has not talked to the ither guy and said it is bad for chickens to be in a cage on the ground! If he says just let him out should i let one of my ruble hatch out to show him this is not his grounds?Please help!Well here is a pic of the my ruble hatch game and the silver pheonix!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    oh and are pheonixs a type of game chicken?

2. Quinn4321

Quinn4321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    P.A/M.D border, USA
    Phoenixes are not a type of game chicken, they are there own breed. What do u mean by "ruble" and could u pls restate exactly what your question is as i am confused as to what you are Asking.

O and P.S it is not bad for chickens to be in a cage on te ground as long as they have a roost and are not a heavy breed on wire flooring

Good Luck solving this [​IMG]

3. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    It might be spelled rubble hatch (im tryin to spell a type of game breed) i cant free range the neighbors loose game kills mine and wells makes the hens mate with him and he has huge old spurs and will flog me and any one else what do i do to make him stay over at his terriotory some ther random site said to let a stronger roo out on him to woop him and send him home that sounds a little mean what do i do i cant FREE RANGE!

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    It sounds mean but it aint your roo, so your neighbor needs to keep his bird locked up if it doesn't stay in his yard. I wouldn't stand for being flog by a roo must less someone esle's roo. And if his roo killed my birds he'd be replacing my dead birds. His bird his yard not in yours.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Alright listen his bird is completely free ranged no food no water stays in my yard flogging my family and killin my chickens so he has no say we have told him once he knows and decides to do nothing his dog is the same way eats chickens no food or water now it is gone lost some where he said he dont give a dang !Messed up neighbors!

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Well you could call animal control. Or if you are like some people I know the roo would simply disappear.

7. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    AAAHHHH,nevermind sorry for wasting both of our time!

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I am sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted but you did ask for opinions! I would never put up w/ someone else's animals hurting or scaring my animals--NO matter what breed or type of animal. I am sorry for your neighbor not being a responsible pet/animal owner, It sounds like-- that no matter what what type of rooster he gets/has --that rooster will be in your yard 'fighting' for the basic necessities --food and water...which are not being offered in their yard. I would not want my animals fighting to protect their property/area--for fear of them being injuried/killed! Since I am responsible for THEM, I would take care of the animal myself.. IF that meant killing it or taking it to the animal control--so be it..

I am sorry that you will have to deal w/ it...

9. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    BEAUTIFULL ROO ! Sell him, posetion(SP) is 9/10th of the law. He is really beautiful. There has to be someone who has a gainful use for him!

10. LeaderStorm

LeaderStorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    South Eastern Indiana
    I agree with the people who say call animal control, especially if it is injuring and killing your roos.

Also, I think your phoenix roo may be Golden not silver. Does he have a reddish color on his wings? It looks like he does but it might be the angle/lighting

Like this(Looks on his wing, see the red coloring)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by