OMG, OMG, just shoot me now

tattooedchickenlady

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Dinky Springs, la
This has been a week to remember.
Last night I got home to find 2 of my 3 week old meat boys OUTSIDE of their brooder box, they finally were able to fly out, so I proceed to clean it out, get an accurate had count, and clip 134 pairs of wings.

Today I'm cruising around in here when my mom says "how did you get out here" One of my dogs is on the carport, and when I look out the front door, 3 more are across the street.
I proceed down the street to gather up the last 2 who won't come home, while my 3 yo is "helping" me collect them. Well, he's wearing flip flops that keep falling off THE WHOLE TIME I'm trying to get the dogs.

SO I leave all the dogs on the porch to go to town, when I get home, I see one of the dogs on the carport again. So I'm aggravated at this point , but not really frantic. Then I walk up and see the cover of the brooder inside the box, and I hear cheeping.

Great......

I look in the box and see several dead chicks, and one of my dogs *in front of me* grabs another chick and CRUNCH, there goes another one.
All told, I lost 24, with one more on the way out.

Oh, and my 2 female dogs are viscously fighting, and there is blood all over the porch and down her ear.....

I'm sick, first the broken egg with the chick in it, now this. I'm seriously discouraged. If I didn't love my chickens so much, I would so get rid of them........

Sorry to hear about your week. It can only get better from here!
fl.gif

Dogs will kill them really fast. My sweet little dog, has even killed chicks. I think she was more playing with them, then on to another as they stopped moving. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I feel your pain !!!!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

My dog got into my coop 2 times over the last 3ish weeks and got my favorite chicks (she must know the ones I like best) I HATE when she does it..... Breaks my heart !!!!!! I know she doesnt think she is killing them she wont eat the or anything, she just wants to play with them (they dont want to play back) so I understand...... It's hard !!!!!! I guess the best thing to do is move on and make sure they are more protected !!!!!

:aww :aww :aww :aww :aww :aww :aww

Eehh, that's pretty crummy!! Sounds like time for a bit of reorganization and maybe a couple 'get the point' talks with the dogs. Especially two that are fighting with each other. That is such a huge no-no in our home.

geez..next time i think i'm having a bad day...i'm gonna re-read this post!..so sorry about all this!...
sad.png

Quote:
I'm usually one to find the positive side of things, but this has been a really hard month for alot of people. Excluding all the National economic trouble.

Back
Top Bottom