Omg!! Omg!!

catdaddy66

Songster
10 Years
Nov 18, 2009
Lugoff, SC
I have finally taken the paper towels out and replaced w/ pine shavings; The week old chicks went NUTS scratching in the stuff!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
OMG!! what a riot! They are digging as if they are looking for China! I hope that they dig and don't eat
sickbyc.gif

I didn't even use the paper towels. Started mine right on large flake pine shavings. They did fine. Everything goes in their mouths when they are babies. It's how they figure out what's food and what's not.

I switched to pine shavings yesterday, they love rolling in it.
gave them some mealworms today and they went nuts.
I may bury some of the meal worms in the shavings, and watch them turn the whole place upside down !

I start with paper towels on top of the pine shavings, keeps the shavings semi clean...until that one day when they figure out that stuff underneath the towels is fun!!!

It must be in their DNA... I'm getting sooo eggcited. Mine are hatched on 3/2 and we'll get them that Friday. Until then I'll enjoy YOU ENJOYING
wee.gif

Dust bathing is hilarious. Then the others try to eat all the little pine sawdust off of them!

I thought about switching to newspaper pellets or something, but couldn't deprive them of the scratching and dust bathing. They're so entertaining!

Back
Top Bottom