omg there hatching what do i do please help

well i have had peafowl for about eight years and never let the hens hatch any eggs but this year the kids talked me into it and i thought it would be fun for all of us to incubate as well as have the hens sit so the kids could see what happens so i just got the lil giant but i might be hooked lol:)

Quote:
I worked the graveyard shift for many years. I have an LG with a fan and have had many successful hatches in it. Now I use it mainly as a hatcher except if I have just a few eggs then I incubate in it. You may want to invest in an auto turner and a fan. The fan does help to keep the heat more even and the turner is nice too.

Mr saddi the first had peacocks. I could never get used to the calls and that screaming noise would jar me out of a dead sleep everytime. Around thanksgiving I suggested they were "tie-dyed turkeys". They were beautiful, but i like sleep more than that.

yeah i have heard that the hovabator is really good and i obviously cant complain about the lg the kids got to turn the eggs and see the process but i will take your advice it would have been nice to have an auto turner it kind of limits things when you have to make sure somone is there to turn them but my eight year old daughter Karma was vary responsible when it came to that she is my oldest i think she is just as hooked as me now haha she will be on BYC next:)

2.5 acres, the pen was maybe an acre away from the window. They were full grown by the time we married and I moved out there, so there was no graduail learning to crow involved.

Note: I didn't leave him because of the peacocks, I left because he had an affair.

Quote:
blame it on the peacocks haha i would have thats to bad that you didnt have a good firt impression of peafowl i think they are great but i do agree during mating season they do get vary loud but they are fun to watch
smile.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom