1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

omg there hatching what do i do please help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by natron96, Jul 18, 2011.

1. natron96

natron96 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    clarkston washington
    what do i im freaking out it chirping in the hatcher when do i take it out what do i do its a baby peachick never incubated befor it workrked now what???? hes fiesty

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Sit back and wait for the others to hatch. Got the light on heating up your brooder?

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Have any other eggs in the bator? This one could be the early bird. Otherwise, if it's all fluffed up, take it out and put it in a brooder with water and chick starter and keep it at least 95 degrees for a day or two then decrease to 90, next week 85, next week 80..

... I just wish we could get down to 80 degrees here.

4. natron96

Apr 25, 2011
    clarkston washington
    no this is the first but there are only two however i dont think the other will make it i didnt see much last time i candled them but this one is all the way out and is chirping like crazy and moving all over when will it start to eat and drink he isnt even dry yet i dunno its like im having another kid

5. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    Calm down.

It will dry in an hour or so.

It will not eat or drink for a day because they still have to absorb the yolk.

6. natron96

Apr 25, 2011
    clarkston washington
    ok so when its dry do i put him in the brooder im gonna call it a him wow this is exciting but stressful so calm down i have read everything about this i have found and its like i have forgotten it all sorry for being such a mess im a first timer

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    It's midnight. Leave him there, and go to bed. he won't need to eat for a day, and he'll stay warm. He's fine, and his chirping may encourage the other to hatch if ther egg's viable.

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Since you are only hatching a couple of eggs then I wouldn't worry about the chick and just let it dry out. If I have a lot of eggs I do take the chicks out after they have hatched and put them in my brooder. There are some chicks I hatched out for some friends.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  9. natron96

Apr 25, 2011
    clarkston washington
    wow thats alot of chicks im just happy mine hatched i havent heard good things about the little giant still air incubator i also was hand turning them as i didnt have an auto turner but just as well it worked i work graveyard and its my weekend so i timed it all right thanks for the input i am vary thankful [​IMG]

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by