omg there hatching what do i do please help

natron96

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
clarkston washington
what do i im freaking out it chirping in the hatcher when do i take it out what do i do its a baby peachick never incubated befor it workrked now what???? hes fiesty

Have any other eggs in the bator? This one could be the early bird. Otherwise, if it's all fluffed up, take it out and put it in a brooder with water and chick starter and keep it at least 95 degrees for a day or two then decrease to 90, next week 85, next week 80..

... I just wish we could get down to 80 degrees here.

no this is the first but there are only two however i dont think the other will make it i didnt see much last time i candled them but this one is all the way out and is chirping like crazy and moving all over when will it start to eat and drink he isnt even dry yet i dunno its like im having another kid

Calm down.

It will dry in an hour or so.

It will not eat or drink for a day because they still have to absorb the yolk.

ok so when its dry do i put him in the brooder im gonna call it a him wow this is exciting but stressful so calm down i have read everything about this i have found and its like i have forgotten it all sorry for being such a mess im a first timer

It's midnight. Leave him there, and go to bed. he won't need to eat for a day, and he'll stay warm. He's fine, and his chirping may encourage the other to hatch if ther egg's viable.

Since you are only hatching a couple of eggs then I wouldn't worry about the chick and just let it dry out. If I have a lot of eggs I do take the chicks out after they have hatched and put them in my brooder. There are some chicks I hatched out for some friends.
Picture1107.jpg

Last edited:
wow thats alot of chicks im just happy mine hatched i havent heard good things about the little giant still air incubator i also was hand turning them as i didnt have an auto turner but just as well it worked i work graveyard and its my weekend so i timed it all right thanks for the input i am vary thankful
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom