OMG! What hatchery is this?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Celtic Hill, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Wait till the chicks are hatched!! WHY WHY does anyone think it's okay to put ANY animal on a conniver belt!

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    well to move alot of chicks in a given time. I think those chicks are Cornish X's so their lives are not going to be long. As far as the hatchery, it could be any of them that deals with broiler industry.

If you look at McMurray and Ideal Hatchery series, they are little kinder, all of them are in crates.

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:Haha sorry about that [​IMG]

well to move alot of chicks in a given time. I think those chicks are Cornish X's so their lives are not going to be long. As far as the hatchery, it could be any of them that deals with broiler industry.

If you look at McMurray and Ideal Hatchery series, they are little kinder, all of them are in crates.

I understand but still, like a chick is hatched, drooped through a roller, moved on a belt, sexed and thrown down a chute, then tossed out of a thing into boxes...and we wonder why we have chicks DOA...​

5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    thats vert common in big hatcheries, I seen a very sad video of that once. I'll find it for you.

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Here is a horrible video, but its the truth

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    That's too bad that the little babies have to start out their little lives like that. But, if they're going to be used for commercial meat farms, their lives are miserable from beginning to end. Poor things.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Supply and demand, that is how they do it cost effectively and goes to show they are tough buggers. Really, shipping stress is the reason for the majority of birds that don't make it mail order. If you don't agree, don't buy from them. Change is bottom up, change from top down is never good.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:2 x

10. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Ummm...it's a Conveyor belt. But thanks for the laugh! [​IMG] [​IMG]

ETA: The Conniver is the one running the belt. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]