OMG! What hatchery is this?

well to move alot of chicks in a given time. I think those chicks are Cornish X's so their lives are not going to be long. As far as the hatchery, it could be any of them that deals with broiler industry.

If you look at McMurray and Ideal Hatchery series, they are little kinder, all of them are in crates.

Quote:
Haha sorry about that
hmm.png

well to move alot of chicks in a given time. I think those chicks are Cornish X's so their lives are not going to be long. As far as the hatchery, it could be any of them that deals with broiler industry.

If you look at McMurray and Ideal Hatchery series, they are little kinder, all of them are in crates.

I understand but still, like a chick is hatched, drooped through a roller, moved on a belt, sexed and thrown down a chute, then tossed out of a thing into boxes...and we wonder why we have chicks DOA...​

That's too bad that the little babies have to start out their little lives like that. But, if they're going to be used for commercial meat farms, their lives are miserable from beginning to end. Poor things.

Supply and demand, that is how they do it cost effectively and goes to show they are tough buggers. Really, shipping stress is the reason for the majority of birds that don't make it mail order. If you don't agree, don't buy from them. Change is bottom up, change from top down is never good.

Back
Top Bottom