OMG !!!!!! yes-- Im horrified ugggghhhhhh!!!!

Hattiegun

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
Twin Lakes, Iowa (Manson)
I have four-- 4 month old Calls..... 2 boys and 2 girls.... First of all ... IS THE RATIO OKAY since they are calls????
I guess Ive been under the assuption that they would (hopefully) pair up..!!

well Last nite was the first nite I saw them actually get Very frisky..!! so yes, I was horrifed..I was yellin at my Boys.
My poor girls ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
I couldnt sleep well all nite.... My little Sweet Pea is so small and .. well... Ive read on here what goes on and I knew
what to expect BUT !!!!!!!!!!!! to see my babies in real life.........this morning I didnt fill the pond clear full. lol I filled it
to where they can actually touch bottom ....

So,,,
is my ratio okay?
they do just have a mating season right? they dont do this yr long.??
also my girls havent laid any eggs yet...
Im sure I need to keep close watch to make sure the girls are safe (but Im @ work all day and they are at our shop
about a mile from home, so Im not close... but Im looking into gettting a camera in ther today ...LOL
I spend 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day with them during the week and more on the weekends......
these are my first ducks and Im so unsure of myself...uggghhh
I am welcome to ALL advice...

Yes, they'll be fine. It looks worse than it is. They are not monogamous like geese or swans, they're more a "love the one you're with" kind of bird. They will mate most of the year, in my experience, except perhaps when the males are moulting or when the females set on a clutch of eggs.

MOST OF THE YEAR !!!!!!!!!!! ?????? great...lol this may sound silly but -- like once a dayish??( wish only once a yr..lol )
so my 2 and 2 are okay?? ]
I wish I were not such a WORRY WART !!!!!!!! drives me insane...(seriously lol)

I was horrified when I saw my khaki campbells doing it, and they are all FEMALES!!!!
idunno.gif

Once a day? Try once an hour! LOL

Anything can get a drake all frisky. New water in the pool, a good meal of fresh greens, the sun rose, etc...

But don't just blame the boys. The girls will head bob and flatten out to let the drake know they want it too. My Welsh Harlequin girls are hussies
gig.gif

Quote:
everyday when I fill my ducks pool up thats when my boy gets all horned up and the girls just sit there...duhhh..and abide..I always say run run run......

Run? My girls keep stalking my new drake. The poor kid isn't old enough to do anything yet, but they keep flattening out and clucking at him. So far all he does is climb on their backs, look confused, and then wander off to look for bugs
lau.gif

Quote:
hmmm when I first saw the "act" I thought he was drowning my girls-then they just popped up in the pool and shook them selves in the water and waddled away-I think they were looking for a cigarette!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
hmmm when I first saw the "act" I thought he was drowning my girls-then they just popped up in the pool and shook them selves in the water and waddled away-I think they were looking for a cigarette!
lol.png

wee.gif
gig.gif

thanks for lifting my spirits.... geeeshhhh..... typical boys !!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry guys,thinkin out loud here) and I love it when I put new water in the pond... now I wont want to...maybe I should just go ahead and get couple more girls and Id feel better..???

so ... 2 girls 2 boys --call ducks....okay??? (I dont want more but I wil if I have to) !!

Hmmmmm I think I need a cigarette !! AND I DONT SMOKE........

Back
Top Bottom