OMG!!!!!!!!!

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
I never believed it, even though I've read it several times. I was just out there checking my temp and humidity (night of day 18) and my EGGS are PEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great! Keep us posted. I am on day 19 for about 8 silkie eggs. Then I have 6 Barred Rock Eggs on the 18th day and 20 more silkies to hatch on the 20th of this month. I'm praying for a good silkie hatch.
smile.png
caf.gif

I have a problem though! I took the turner out nearly two hours ago, and the temp is still down at like 98.6. I turned it up some, but I hope I can get it back up soon, as I need to go to bed before long, I work tomorrow! Humidity (even with 1/4 of the water space covered and one vent plug out is 79 right now, too high????/

I think you will be fine. Don't worry too much about your temp. If you can get it close to 99, you will be fine. Is your bater force or still air?

Ohhhhhhhhh I think I see the start of a pip now too!!! It's like this little bitty crack, and then a little triangle.... the shell's not off yet, but you can see where its cracked!

I got it fixed! I had previously set the thermometer on the eggs in the turner, but since I had more room without it I put the thermometer on the screen. I moved it now back to on top of the eggs, and the temp came right back up.

102.0 temp on top of eggs in still air
77% humidity should work until the morning I hope lol.

Back
Top Bottom