OMGosh you guys!

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
My hubby came home for lunch and we were talking and he said he had a surprise for me but it wasn't working out.

Usually his surprises are taking me out to dinner or bringing me home a present - usually new artwork from a local artist (he's an artist-inventor-designer).

He said "Well, you know. Jennifer has a chicken".

I said "yeah..."

He said "Well..." (he put his head over to the side and smiled) "I was gonna buy you some chickens and she was gonna babysit them until you got all set up... but I just can't find any chickens!"

Usually when I start a new endeavor he worries about how much work it's going to be for him (yes, he does most of the physical labor around here, lots of times for something I want. He's always working on something- I think we have 10 major projects of various kinds going).

He's always very supportive though, no matter what.

I was very careful to tell him "I want to build the coop and run all by myself". He didn't roll his eyes with his usual "oh no, what am I going to be doing now?!"

We have remodeled our house for the last 10 years- it's almost completely new on the inside. I helped a lot with demolition, painting and so on, but he's done all of the difficult design and build. I usually sit and watch him work if it's something I can't do. We're really close for a married couple.

I really, truly can't believe he was going to do this! I got tears in my eyes, but he doesn't know it.
hit.gif

He liked the fresh eggs I fed him over the weekend!

Now I'm REALLY going to try hard to find some pullets and chicks!

Give that man a
hugs.gif
and kiss! You are very blessed to have such a wonderful husband (mine's the same way
big_smile.png
).

Have fun finding those chickens and bringing em home.

I did ...
smile.png

he's great - I just go and stand in front of him anytime I want a hug.

not easy finding chickens nearby this time of year, but I'm not giving up!

Back
Top Bottom