Omlet Chicken Door will be delivered when? šŸ˜³

We ordered ours for the run. We have one on the coop but we were going on vacation and didn't want them stuck in the run for a week. I was nervous it would not come in time for me to get it installed and the girls trained. But all was well. Had a solid 2 weeks of training and worked like a charm.

You should check chickendoors.com. I've used them for as long as I have had chickens and I found them nothing but dependable and well constructed much more so than the all plastic doors. It's located somewhere in Texas I forget where chips from but I found their small operation very responsive with customer service queries and stuff. They have large doors a small door and even a double door for turkeys. The best part about the doors is the photocell that comes on a long cable and can be placed in a ideal position from the door, they have it down to a science it works and opens just the right time and closes just the right time. My frustration with the light feature of the omelette door is that you have to tweak a bunch of settings on the amount of sunlight it would respond to so much so that it was virtually impossible to work with reliably. Programming digitally just by open time and close time that works fine. But seriously check it out they go by pullet-shut doors and I had nothing but great experience with their doors you might check them out. Not sure how to insert a URL here but I gave you the spelling of the URL to their website.
I have an Omlet door and I was trying to use the Light Mode but could never get the settings down so I changed it to Time mode and just plug in the approx sunrise and sunset times. It is working well now. The main reason I got an Omlet door is because it works by closing from the side and not the top. It also has a safety sensor in the door whereby if the door feels pressure prematurely then it will open again. Surprisingly I have Guineas and chickens that canā€™t make up their mind on going all the way into the coop so they stand in the doorway and once the door starts closing and when the door feels pressure from the bird in the doorway it will stop and open therefore keeping the bird from getting injured. I donā€™t know of any other chicken doors that have that feature.

I have an Omlet door and I was trying to use the Light Mode but could never get the settings down so I changed it to Time mode and just plug in the approx sunrise and sunset times. It is working well now. The main reason I got an Omlet door is because it works by closing from the side and not the top. It also has a safety sensor in the door whereby if the door feels pressure prematurely then it will open again. Surprisingly I have Guineas and chickens that canā€™t make up their mind on going all the way into the coop so they stand in the doorway and once the door starts closing and when the door feels pressure from the bird in the doorway it will stop and open therefore keeping the bird from getting injured. I donā€™t know of any other chicken doors that have that feature.
The pullet shut doors I use have that picture and more. Here's a link to their page which shows the relative features they offer compared to most other chicken doors. As I said before I don't work for the place but they've always given me good service and heck one door that I've had since I had my first chickens which was over 12 years ago which still continues to work without fail. Here's the link I was talking about:. https://chickendoors.com/quality/Comparing the features

I normally use the all metal doors from chickendoors.com - their doors have always worked flawlessly for my coop and the light sensor function is many many light years better than the rather poor light sensor feature of the Omelet doors

Unfortunately though, I needed to use a door that had a horizontal sliding feature like the omelet door and had a digital panel that I could use to program specific open and close times since I was using it on one of my three-way feeding stations.

So I bit the bullet and ordered one of their all plastic horizontally opening doors. I did this about 3 or 4 days ago. So I thought I'd follow the order status link and see when it was shipping and the message below is the one I got:
"Order No:
Xxxxxxxxx
Payment Status:
Paid - Thank you!
Estimated Delivery:
Delivery by Friday, 9 September
Please note that due to the current circumstances it's very difficult to guarantee exact dates and there is the possibility that it will change so please check your order status regularly for the most up to date information."

Are they really serious about it being September 9th? I'm hoping this is some automated message error but I thought I'd check with this group to see if this is how long they normally take to get a product out the door?
It takes a while. Have patience.

When I ordered my door back in Feb of last year, I wanted the grey door, but after I ordered, the shipping was going to take months, I had to call them to change the order for the green one, which they had in-stock. I have not had any issues with the door, and the batteries are still at 80%, since last year.

Back
Top Bottom