Omlet Eglu Cube w/Run - Number of Hens?

Pics
Are you an Ambassador yet? I would love a.coupon code referral 😊
Hey- I am so sorry I missed your request. It’s most likely too late, but I figured I’d send the link to my Ambassador sign up if you’re interested. Once you sign up, I will receive an email and can answer any questions, set up a local visit (if you want to swing by our house in Graham), send extra photos of coops, etc. If you don’t have any questions beyond what you’ve read about Omlets, I can close the request and your coupon code will be emailed to you. Very simple! It’s really easy and there’s no gimmicks or pressure. I just like to help anyone who’s interested in in purchasing a coop. I know I would have liked to see one up close if I could have before I purchased. Anyhow, here’s the link to my ambassador sign up:

Omlet Ambassador Sign Up

Late to this thread but chiming in because my son bought the eglu with only the 3’ run cause his are free ranging in a fenced in suburban lawn. He has Rhode Island Reds - 5 hens and one roo. I was shocked how much space there is in his large eglu. Granted they are only 16 weeks but they all sit together in one corner fitting into 1/5th or sixth of the entire space. Even full grown I can see them fitting in there.
He probs won’t have to deal with Raccoons but I’d say it’s not a problem till it’s a problem.

Ive had at least one raccoon try to get into my enclosure (eglu cube with 13ft run) and it didn't get in. The latches on the back and side are pretty secure. I don't think a raccoon could figure it out. Ive had my 6 girls in this setup for about a month now and I'm very pleased with it. Cleaning is a breeze, there is plenty of room for them at night, and find they even go in during the day for nap time! I will let them out of the run for an hour or so when I can be out there to supervise, but they are happy enough enclosed. I LOVE that I can move the whole thing every few days. We've had a TON of rain, so being able to move it to a fresh patch of grass had been awesome. Gives the girls new ground to explore and allows the previous patch to recuperate. Otherwise they would just be in a poopy mud hole at this point. I wouldn't go past 6 girls personally though. Maybe if I had an additional place for them to roam, but them I couldn't move it around. (Note: I only leave the tarp on when I know we're getting a full day of rain. )View attachment 2146935

Ive had at least one raccoon try to get into my enclosure (eglu cube with 13ft run) and it didn't get in. The latches on the back and side are pretty secure. I don't think a raccoon could figure it out. Ive had my 6 girls in this setup for about a month now and I'm very pleased with it. Cleaning is a breeze, there is plenty of room for them at night, and find they even go in during the day for nap time! I will let them out of the run for an hour or so when I can be out there to supervise, but they are happy enough enclosed. I LOVE that I can move the whole thing every few days. We've had a TON of rain, so being able to move it to a fresh patch of grass had been awesome. Gives the girls new ground to explore and allows the previous patch to recuperate. Otherwise they would just be in a poopy mud hole at this point. I wouldn't go past 6 girls personally though. Maybe if I had an additional place for them to roam, but them I couldn't move it around. (Note: I only leave the tarp on when I know we're getting a full day of rain. )View attachment 2146935View attachment 2146939
Thank you for showing your birds with the cube. I want to get 4 but was wondering if I could add 2 more eventually. Do you still have your Eglu cube? if so how are you liking it?

Back
Top Bottom