On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Hello all!
So I'm very new to chickens. I recently bought two adult Silkie hens, and impulsively stuck their egg in my bra Friday night (they were housed with a rooster up until I bought them around a week ago). It's currently in a sock inside my sports bra, under/between my boobs. I'm just scared my melons will crush it, those things are heavy haha!

Anyway, how soon can I tell if anything is developing? It's been 2 days, today will be the 3rd. I've slept with it in my bra, just have to sleep on my back lol.

So uh. Any tips? Anyone done it before?

I have a few other eggs I'd like to hatch, but for those I will be building a homemade incubator. There's only so much room under my melons, after all!

I have a 40-watt incandescent bulb, now just trying to figure out whether to use a Styrofoam box, shallow plastic box or a cardboard box for the body of the incubator. I live in the Caribbean so it's pretty hot and humid here.
I think I’ve officially heard it all, your an avid animal lover... creative indeed 🤣

Trying to imagine keeping an egg snuggled under my boobs for three weeks.... 🤔
Man couldn't that make for an interesting conversation in a grocery store checkout line... "Ma'am what's under your shirt"
"Oh that's just my boob egg"
Lmao! I can only imagine! Fortunately for me, the egg is a silkie egg and my...girls...are big enough that the egg completely disappears when it's tucked into them LOL

Also, if one of my silkies doesn't go broody soon, I will be taking her eggs and putting them into a homemade incu...I have a 40 watt incandescent bulb already, if anyone can suggest the best setup (styrofoam, plastic, cardboard etc) that's given you the highest hatch rate, please hit me with it! So many different designs on YT are confusing the living daylights out of me. :D

If this boob egg fails, I also have a bunch of game bird eggs I'd like to try this with. I just really want to succeed at least once LOL!

Also, if one of my silkies doesn't go broody soon, I will be taking her eggs and putting them into a homemade incu...I have a 40 watt incandescent bulb already, if anyone can suggest the best setup (styrofoam, plastic, cardboard etc) that's given you the highest hatch rate, please hit me with it! So many different designs on YT are confusing the living daylights out of me. :D

If this boob egg fails, I also have a bunch of game bird eggs I'd like to try this with. I just really want to succeed at least once LOL!

I would google DIY incubators, I've never made one myself but there a tons of ideas out there. I particularly like the cooler bater.

I have read of someone trying to incubate in their bra on here. I think they only made it a week before giving up, because an egg in a bra isn't the most comfortable thing. At least that's how I remember it. I've seen tiny veins on day 3. Take it to a really dark room and candle it with your phone flashlight. The only other way to tell fertility is cracking it open, which won't help you. I'll see if I can find the other post about bra incubation.

Back
Top Bottom