On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
Still no babies... I can't see any kicking at the moment from the egg that was kicking, wondering if I should help or leave it alone? Day 18 today. Other babies are kicking away like eggbeaters. It's REALLY difficult to see inside the eggs.

Definitely leave them alone. With the lower body temps late hatches are expected.

Another one is worrying me, if anyone is on and can respond ASAP please?

I think Egg #3 might have pipped bc the air cell is GONE, the chick now appears to be stretched out in the middle of the egg from end to end, with a clear gap on either side of the egg. I've heard no peeping, and there's no external pip. Should I help baby by making a teeny tiny hole where the air cell was? Or is he just getting in position to pip externally? I see very little movement and no veining, but the movement is there just a slight flutter here and there!!

Ahhhh! Help an anxious quail mama-to-be out, please!?

Another one is worrying me, if anyone is on and can respond ASAP please?

I think Egg #3 might have pipped bc the air cell is GONE, the chick now appears to be stretched out in the middle of the egg from end to end, with a clear gap on either side of the egg. I've heard no peeping, and there's no external pip. Should I help baby by making a teeny tiny hole where the air cell was? Or is he just getting in position to pip externally? I see very little movement and no veining, but the movement is there just a slight flutter here and there!!

Ahhhh! Help an anxious quail mama-to-be out, please!?
It takes a while to go from internal to external pip. Plus quail eggs are extra fragile. I'd wait it out. If you are extremely worried, use a sterile pin or screw to make a little breathing hole. Those shells are easy to smoosh so be extra gentle.

I haven't heard any peeping though, at all :( is it normal for the egg to look like this? I see no veining. Is it chick getting into position for external pip?

Dotted yellow line is where air cell should be, and was still as early as this morning. Red line is the gaps I see where the shell is clear now. Between the red lines from end to end is the chick, the egg is all dark in that area.
received_269519517408521.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom