? on how much Tylan vs. weight

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicks4kids, Nov 20, 2009.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I have searched and searched and am having a hard time figuring out how much Tylan 50 to give my turkey. Does anyone have a dosage per lb. idea???

2. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    What is the probelm with your turkey that you need Tylan for?

Sharon

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    She is sneezing, coughing, sounds like she's phlegmy and under her eyes are swollen and puffy. There is another thread on this where they show pics of their turkey, and it's exactly like mine. Here is the link so you can see the pics...it's exactly what mine looks like... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=83210

4. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    With Tylon 50 I guess you have the injectable, yes? Give 1ml in the breast every other day until cured. But the problem is, its spreads to the flock. Its infectious sinusitis aka CRD. You need to isolute the bird from your flock. If you have not then you need to treat all the birds. If you have any other questions go to the turkey thread as we post there alot.

Good luck,
    Sharon

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Please post your turkey problems on the turkey thread, we can help but don't often look here, Sharon found your post and hope we can help.

Steve in NC

6. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    If you want to be absolutely precise, its .10 cc per pound.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by