On my soap box ...

One of my big issues with GMO crops is labeling; but another big issue is the minimal amount of testing required before the products are allowed on the market place. We are being used as test subjects for GMOs.

I also have far less objection to something like Golden Rice vs something like Round-up Ready soy. Already weeds are becoming resistant to Round-up, increasing the amount used.

One of my big issues with GMO crops is labeling; but another big issue is the minimal amount of testing required before the products are allowed on the market place. We are being used as test subjects for GMOs.

I also have far less objection to something like Golden Rice vs something like Round-up Ready soy. Already weeds are becoming resistant to Round-up, increasing the amount used.
I agree about the labeling. By the time labels are required it will all be GMO or the DNA will be so blurred that it will be indistinguishable.

You can fault the federal regulators for allowing untested foodstuffs in the market. Everyone has thier price. Trusting the government reminds me of the Peanuts cartoon where Lucy pulls the ball away when Charlie Brown is running to kick it knowing full well she will do it but yet CB still gets convinced.

Back
Top Bottom