On the good side! School project news

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
On the good side, we may have lost our emu eggs but between the eggs from Cyn and Frank, we supplied 25 chickens to 5 families. Each one got what we are hoping was 1 rooster and 4 hens. Since I don't know squat about sexing a chicken we asked a local ex-chicken fighter and he was happy to come look for us. There was one we think migh have gotten 2 roosters. I left my digital camera at school when we went on break so I'll have to take pics later, but they were so excited to get the birds and they really did work hard to make the little pens and houses for them. Cock fighting was VERY recently outlawed here but a couple of those people donated the odd-looking little houses they used for their fighters to the families to use for their new ones. One of our donations fell through on the wood for the houses, so this really helped us out a lot.
I can't thank everyone enough for their support on our project.
Kate

PS: Next is the county fair,,,,, I have 10 lined up who want to enter the fowl, ducks and chickens so I'll be putting up a thread asking for advice on what to do there!

Last edited:
clap.gif
woot.gif
That's AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom