On To The Next One

I found a dorm fridge at a yard sale several months ago. It was exactly what I was looking for to hold my extra eggs, so it's been dubbed "the egg fridge". It looks awful, is missing one shelf, and is that horrid brown color. BUT, it works great, and only cost me all of 5 whole dollars. After reading this thread, I now know what I'll do with it when it quits working!! LOL

Good luck with the hatch, Speckled!!

Edited to add, I'd love to see a pic of your set-up, if you have one available.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be nice, Cyn. However you have it configured must be right if your temp and humidity are holding steady. Also, could you show pics of your air holes? If you already did that in your other post let me know and I'll go look there.

Chicken-mama - now that's what I'm talkin' about! And see, even the color is fine for an incubator/hatcher!!! It's kinda like wood???

Maybe I'll contact a rental place and see if they can give me a dorm fridge that doesn't work anymore. . . ???

Cyn, any peeping?

Thanks, Lynn, my friend. You always tell me what I want to hear and sometimes what I need to hear, LOL.
Lori, let me take some pics tonight and try to post. I may not be able to do the interior right now, but let me see what I can do, okay?
***I posted pics under a separate heading, Lori. Take a peek.

Last edited:
The last one has pipped now! Four pipped and two more Ameraucanas due in a couple of days from now. Yea!
yippiechickie.gif

Oh, I hope so, Christina! Someone from BYC has already claimed the two Orp boys that are four weeks old now and will be picking them up next Tuesday, along with the Ameraucana boy with the wild feather patterns. I think one of the two week old Ameraucanas is a girl and one is a boy, but they are a bit young to call yet. I want more blues! There are so many shades of blue. The blacks are lovely, too, with that beetle-green sheen in the feathers.

Back
Top Bottom