Once Again... What is She? 6wks With Updated Pictures!

Reyvaughn

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northeast Pennsylvania
Size: Large
Legs: Clean, but she has little tufts of feathers coming in near her hocks. I have no pictures of this that came out clear. I will try again today.
Leg Color: Black.
Feet Color: Black, but since she's been outside scratching, two of her toes are now yellow on the tips. Last week while she was still inside, they were solid black.
Comb: Single

Other details:
She came from a hatchery, which one, I don't know. I bought her from Agway and she was marked as a Barred Rock. I pretty much knew she wasn't a BR, but I thought maybe, since she had no head spot, she'd definitely be a female! Once the wing feathers started coming in, I knew she wasn't a BR. No barring at all, she's solid black. I already ruled out Australorp. I have had 15 of them and I know she isn't an Australorp.

I am now questioning if she's even a she. She's getting some red in her wattles and I'm a bit concerned. She is larger than the BRs and BOs I bought with her (all the same age). I originally thought she may be a Jersey Giant. I am starting to think that again, but I really don't know.

82238_100_1041.jpg

82238_100_1047.jpg

Here she is with her brooder mates for comparison.
82238_100_1042.jpg

I will get pictures of the bottom of her feet and the tufts of feathers below her hock. If I hadn't flipped her over to get pics of her feet, I would have never seen them.

Last edited:
-sigh- She's not very photogenic.

I had a great shot of the tufts while she was walking around, but she moved and you can't see them in the picture, so I resorted back to my original pictures that are blurry. I marked them for you all. They are small, but they are there and none of my others have them.
82238_100_1044.jpg

And a decent side shot of her.
82238_100_1062.jpg

Yep yep, you have yourself a dainty little Jersey Giant. A little too early to tell on gender, but I don't see any roo indicators.

Really? With feather tufts below the hock? I didn't realize they got them. Of course, she is hatchery stock. Well, either way, I was leaning towards BJG because of her size and her colors weren't the same as my BAs.

Back
Top Bottom