One chick smaller than the others

DelR

Chirping
Nov 17, 2020
I have 3 baby silkies that I hatched. They are about 2 and a half weeks old. One is growing rapidly, one is in the middle, and one honestly seems like a runt. The largest one was born a day before the other 2. The “runt” was the only one that hatched properly, the other 2 needed help. The weight difference is worrying to me. However, it is eating and drinking, is the first one to go for treats, and has feather development like the other 2. Nothing necessarily seems wrong with it but I’m concerned. Also, it does seem to make rapid chirping sounds sometimes which the other 2 do not really do. It acts normal while doing this though, so it doesn’t seem like it’s distressed or hurt. Any info please?

I wouldn't worry if theres no concerning behavior (diarrhea, drowsy, not eating/drinking, wry neck, injury, etc.) They may just be a small one, are all the hatchlings related? Is it possible they could just be a bantam while the others are normal sized? Pics would be wonderful :) always love seeing some silkie babies

I wouldn't worry if theres no concerning behavior (diarrhea, drowsy, not eating/drinking, wry neck, injury, etc.) They may just be a small one, are all the hatchlings related? Is it possible they could just be a bantam while the others are normal sized? Pics would be wonderful :) always love seeing some silkie babies
We ordered them online and they all came together? But I don’t know if they’re related. I will say the other 2 look almost identical besides the size. They are tan and white while the smaller one is gray and white. Thank you again! The last photo is the smallest one :)
8325986E-C0B3-41DB-BFB4-465C9EA952BE.jpeg
FBDA5DA7-3948-4BAE-97A3-D367836AF60C.jpeg
F885CF79-1812-45EC-B803-942D0F65C40D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom