One hen adopted us

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

welcome-byc.gif

Hello from South Carolina!
welcome-byc.gif
We are happy you joined us!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I can relate to your story! That is how we got started. A White Plymouth Rock hen (Chi Chi)kept coming around and had fallen in love with our yellow nape parrot. We roll his cage out on the front porch every morning and the hen would perch on top of the parrot (Michael's) cage. It was a love affair! LOL! She would roost on the porch railing waiting to see Michael and hang out with him all day!. She adopted us as well. Now, 11 months later, we have (38) in our flock.

Thanks for the welcome. i'm still hoping to hear from someone local (western Mass.) as to where/how i can find another hen, as we don't want our girl to be lonely or cold this winter.

What a great story. It seems like the girls have a mind of their own! Henry is happy on our one acre and very active. Do most hens run around all day without a nap? I appreciate the welcome.

We love her already and are looking to bring in one more. Thanks for the message; as a new writer, I especially appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom