1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One is alive!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MaranDude, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    ok, so all of them were dead because they had no life in them when I candled them. But one I saw a flicker so I had it for a day in the incubator. no one believed me and thought I was crazy but my twin looked and we can see the heart beating. So it's day 24 and nothing. Can I do anything and is there a reason its not hatching?[​IMG]

2. joy

joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Lancashire England
    Hi, did it die at some stage.

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    if its been that long I might make a small hole in the top where the air cell is and see what it looks like in there if its not all viening and such you might be able to save him if you open it up. This is not a Fool proof thing babies die from being helped, but im not shure how long he can stay in his shell without dying ether , most people disagree with helping but if he is done then there may be a chance , what eve3r you decide to do make shure you really want to live with the consiqencies. and read the thread on helping them out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by