One itty bitty suggestion....

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Lothiriel, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Do you guys suppose moderators/admins could have their names made a different color in the lists? It was always nice to be able to know when a mod was online.

1 person likes this.
  2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Yes, or listed in a separate section away from the rest of the online users.

1 person likes this.
  3. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

As a mod I'd second that motion...but I don't know if it's possible... [​IMG] Oh, Nifty!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    On the old BYC, there wa sa big list atthe bottom of the page that said who all was online..
    So then i if i needed a mod i knew which one to PM,..or whatever..
    Now how do we know which mods are online??

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    As another Mod, I 3rd that. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:
    x2

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague

8. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

9. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I know, but isn't that the only way to find out who's online right now?

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We probably won't have a list like we had before, but I'm working on something that will list all the moderators, etc.

Please note, it is rare that someone needs to find a specific moderator whom they don't know the name of and need immediate attention. For example:

"There is a problem! I need a moderator's help IMMEDIATELY!" - In these cases a member should ALWAYS use the report feature. Even if the system shows a moderator online, they might not be. We also don't want members to spam PM 10 of us with the same note. The report flag lets the staff who happen to be online give something attention.

or

"Wow, I really gotta share this with <moderator name>, they will LOVE it!" - In this case, just put their username in the search bar, and then on the results page click "users" and send the staff member a PM.

If there are cases where a list of all moderators online would be helpful and are not addressed by those two situations, please let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by