One more day to go!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jakmallex, Jun 14, 2008.

1. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Day 21 is tomorrow. No signs of anything right now, just very heavy eggs (good sign right?)? My hen got off the nest to get some water and I got some photos while she was up. I really hope they show some sign of hatching tomorrow!

Here are the eggs. There were 13...but she keeps rolling some away. I don't know where the 13th went.
    [​IMG]

Here's the mom:
    [​IMG]

Here's the dad, Tang. He looks totally different depending on which side you look at, so here are both sides of him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Wow, I am in love with Tang!!! If you decide to sell some of their eggs, let me know!!!! I want a Tang Jr!!!! [​IMG]

3. jakmallex

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    Be careful what you wish for. [​IMG] Tang has the personality of his dad, George (flies up constantly, charges, etc.). He has a new respect for me after the snake incident last weekend though. He tolerates me coming into the pen with no problem now. I send you a PM about eggs.

4. jakmallex

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    So I've seen a bunch of people who have pips and movement by day 20. Should I be worried that I don't? If I candle today will it mess up the babies since I'm so close to day 21? I really wanted them to hatch tomorrow so I could be home to watch!

5. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Beautiful Rooster! Those babie are going to be sooo cute! I am sure there will be signs of pips soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by