One of My Girls keeps going on top of the coop at night

My current coop, intended for 4 chickens, is 4 feet wide by 4 feet long by approximately 4 feet tall and I think it's as small as a chicken coop should ever be made.

I currently have 5 POL pullets in it and am watching for signs of trouble while we're in the process of salvaging wood to build the new, MUCH larger coop (getting the hardware cloth may be the hardest part).

It helps that I have a 600+ square foot pen (Premier1 electric poultry netting), and live in a mild climate where they are never restricted to their coop by weather (they actually did come out between rain bands during the hurricanes we had this summer).

View attachment 2499449
I love it! I was going to build a coop but my dad convinced me to buy a prefabbed one.... I live in the suburbs and one of my girls likes to fly in the neighbors yards so my enclosure is helpful for that. I want to eventually extend my coop because you know paying $500 for something you want to get some use out of it, and set my yard up to be better enclosed. Did you build this your self?

I love it! I was going to build a coop but my dad convinced me to buy a prefabbed one.... I live in the suburbs and one of my girls likes to fly in the neighbors yards so my enclosure is helpful for that. I want to eventually extend my coop because you know paying $500 for something you want to get some use out of it, and set my yard up to be better enclosed. Did you build this your self?

My husband built it.

I'm working on a coop page article that will include plans. My daughter does CAD so she's going to draw them up for me.

Take a look at the thread I linked above to see how another person with a similar little coop adapted it. :)

My chickens are confined to the pen but not to the coop at night. Every night my roo roosts on top of the coop with all the others inside.

Back
Top Bottom