One of my hens attacked another hens hatchling and this piece of something is coming out someone please tell me what to do

Javi the chick lover

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2021
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 6
Is the wound near the vent or lower abdomen? I think you may need to put the chick down unfortunately, since it appears to be an organ. If you could, tell us where the wound is exactly. Saline, vetericyn, or 2% chlorhexidene are good to use as wound cleaners. Sorry about your chick.

Is the wound near the vent or lower abdomen? I think you may need to put the chick down unfortunately, since it appears to be an organ. If you could, tell us where the wound is exactly. Saline, vetericyn, or 2% chlorhexidene are good to use as wound cleaners. Sorry about your chick.
The wound is on its left side of its belly so it could be on the lower abdomen but im not sure

I agree with Eggcessive.. This might seem cruel but putting this chick down is actually the "right" thing to do in terms of suffering. Poor baby must be in so much pain right now..

In your 2nd picture, I see that perhaps the side of the chick's face is also bloody? Is this due to the open wound or is that another wound site?

Is that really the way i could never do that

Although it takes willpower to do these things, it is part of the responsibilities one takes on as an animal owner:

Never to let your animal suffer useless pain and pull yourself together for the sake of the poor chick, which must be in terrible pain.

Back
Top Bottom