One of our favorite brooders!

4176untold

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
This is our first run with one of our newest brooders shown below. As you can see the chicks are quickly outgrowing there new home(s). We will be moving them to a much larger home in the next few days. The heat lamps are all individually controlled and dimmable for heat level control. Each level has it's own swappable tray so we can start the chicks out on 1/4" grid work and in the next couple of weeks move them to 1/2" grid work to protect their little feet as they grow. We also have a removable tray under the grid work on each level for easy clean out. We pull and clean our trays once per day. Finally every level is monitored by 24 hour security cameras. This is great for keeping an eye on our peeps and makes great conversation in sharing footage.

brooder.jpg

This is our first run with one of our newest brooders shown below. As you can see the chicks are quickly outgrowing there new home(s). We will be moving them to a much larger home in the next few days. The heat lamps are all individually controlled and dimmable for heat level control. Each level has it's own swappable tray so we can start the chicks out on 1/4" grid work and in the next couple of weeks move them to 1/2" grid work to protect their little feet as they grow. We also have a removable tray under the grid work on each level for easy clean out. We pull and clean our trays once per day. Finally every level is monitored by 24 hour security cameras. This is great for keeping an eye on our peeps and makes great conversation in sharing footage.

View attachment 2442193
Looks good!
Only thing I would change is make it a bit bigger.

Yes we built this. I absolutely agree KingB, it should be bigger. We were testing out some concepts and kept it relatively small. This one is only 44" wide. We have a couple others being built later this month. Those will be 8' wide and not quite as tall on each level. This will allow us to add another tier to the design.

@4176untold How's it going with these now? Have you made any more of them?
Sincere apologies that I didn't see your message until now. No we haven't been focused on them right now but will be in about 2 months. Had to move on to some outdoor housing for some new girls joining the ranks! I'll get some pictures of those up soon. Hope things have been going well for you through winter! :)

Sincere apologies that I didn't see your message until now. No we haven't been focused on them right now but will be in about 2 months. Had to move on to some outdoor housing for some new girls joining the ranks! I'll get some pictures of those up soon. Hope things have been going well for you through winter! :)

Thing's are ok over here. We finally got some much needed rain, since the monsoon this past summer was so stingy. I have pullet's that have started to lay, and some more that should start in a couple more month's.

Back
Top Bottom