One of the new kittens gravely ill- reached Rainbow Bridge

Well, I had the little guy on my lap and he acted like he wanted down. I thought maybe he wanted to use the litter box since he hadn't poo'd all day. I let him down for a second to answer my daughter's question and when I turned around he had disappeared. I hope he didn't find a nice place to hide and pass away. I know so many animals that do that in their final hour. I hope that's not the case. I can't find him anywhere and all doors, windows etc. are shut up tight and locked. Doors to bedrooms are shut as well as the dryer and dishwasher. All cabinets shut but I checked them too. Looked behind the stove, fridge, upright freezer, all window sills, the hutch and even under the dirty clothes in the laundry room. I even checked in and under all furniture. Guess I will have to wait til morning to see if he turns up. That is if I can sleep. He's so small though. He could be anywhere. Here's hoping and praying that whatever happens, it's me that finds him first and not the kids.

Well some good news. I found the little guy and he's still alive. I force fed him some Hills Science Diet moist kitten food mixed with the KDR kitten formula. I also let his two sisters finish off the can of moist food and I poured some of the KDR in the food and mixed it. That way they stay healthy too. He's still not out of the woods yet, but at least he made it through the night. Any hour we pass at this point with him being alive is a good hour.

Oh, poor tiny thing. He looks just like a kitty I used to have.
I wish you all the best - you never know but that he might make it - he certainly seems to be getting loved!
hugs.gif

A friend gave me a receipe for feeding small abandoned kittens. I have also used it to strenghten weak/ill cats.

KITTEN FORMULA
1 cup of milk (I get lactose free)
4 egg yolks (NO whites)
1 tsp of oil (cooking oil)

Shake to gether real well. I keep it in the fridge and only warm up the little bit I am giving them at that time. They need the extra protein in the egg yolks and the oil keeps them from getting constipated, But best of all THEY LOVE it and will drink it eagerly once they taste it.

I wish you well.

2mnypets~I love your signature for 911. A very good dedication. We forget that each one who gave their life had a loving family.

I hope your baby makes it. I'll have my fingers crossed for him.

Ruhama...thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! With all those eggs, it never occured to me. After this post, I'm mixing some up pronto. I appreciate everyone's well wishes. Judymae, my dedication words are from a song called "One Last Time" by Dusty Drake. It's an amazing song. Makes me cry every time I hear it. You can go to www.myspace.com/dustydrake to hear the full song. Here are the lyrics:

One Last Time

When she picked up the telephone, his voice came on the line
She said this cant be happening, and tears fell from her eyes
She said what am I supposed to do,
I cant handle losing you
He said I just had to call and say goodbye, one last time

He said there are some things in this life that are out of our control
Like who we fall in love with, and when its time to go
She said what about the plans we had,
He said this connections getting bad
Now come on baby let me hear you smile, one last time

She started to apologize for all the things that shed done wrong
She said I wouldve loved you better, if only Id known
He said youve been the perfect wife,
Promise me youll go on with your life
She said the boys wont understand,
He said tell them daddy loves them and
Be strong

He said Hon, Ive gotta go, she said dont you dare hang up
Theres so many things I need to say, I love you so much
It was almost like she felt him leave,
She cried out can you still hear me
She fell down on the kitchen floor when the signal died
As the pilot tried to pull out of the dive
One last time

Just an FYI...after I read your post RUHAMA I thought about this. I added 1/4tsp. of raw un-pasturized apple cider vinegar. I figure if we give it to the chickens to boost their immune system, and as humans we consume it then why not for the little guy. I just force fed him 4ml. of the mix. I had the KDR formula already so I just added the egg yolk, the oil and the vinegar. Thanks for the advice.

I think the idea Rooster-Red had about the Liquid Geritol might help build his blood back up, maybe you can ask the vet about it tomorrow. I so hope he makes, he is just adorable.

Back
Top Bottom