One of these "hens" is doing its own thing!

sioux

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Hi,

I am a member who posted a lot some time ago, but fell out of it because I had a predator kill all my chickens. I re-registered, (so sorry) because I have no memory of my old user name and I also have a new email.

I have some new girls. From the beginning, one of my Barred Rocks has not looked the same as the others...

Early on, we named her "Steve" thinking it was a funny name for a hen who didn't look like her Barred Rock sisters.

Then I went back to the feed store when she was a chick and tried to see what else she might be besides Barred Rock....they said Aracuna or Ameraucana...they couldn't remember which.

To me, Steve doesn't look like either one of those. Steve also doesn't look like a hen, but so far, we have had no roodles or undo early morning squawking, even though they were all born around Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any idea what Steve is?

Oops, just realized that I can't post pics as a new member. I will have to figure something out. Anyway, I am glad to be back and to have some hens again.

welcome-byc.gif
and welcome back!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
, you'll be able to post pics after 10 posts. There are ways around it, but think it's just easier to wait til u get to 10 posts, lol.

I spent an hour looking for my old 2009 posts, but I can't remember my user name, and I probably was feeling paranoid about keeping our chickens under the radar, so I didn't identify my state or region.

Back
Top Bottom