One other problem I am having☹️

unbaked pegga

Songster
9 Years
Nov 22, 2014
Lebanon TN
IMG_0439.JPG
Poppy my red Orpington had poo stuck around her vent area and I had to soak it off and actually clip some of the areas. That was a month ago. Within the last couple of weeks it looks like she has lost more feathers to the point of being bald. I don't see any gross swelling or discharge. Does anyone know what this might be?

you have checked her for mites?
basically here is what I would do to help her get new feathers n.
WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR CHICKENS WITH ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS
Glenda Heywood

WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE FOR YOUR CHICKENS HEALTH.
Glenda Heywood...
ACV by Bragg's is sold by Amazon and at Walmart. (remember to get Bragg's unpasturized, as it has the "brown mother" in the bottom of the bottle.)

Glenda Heywood
My Daughter JoAnna Mertz feeds this wet mash probiotic several times a week to our 10 hens, 5 buff orpingtons 5 plymouth rocks, and they are eating it up in 30 minutes.

Glenda Heywood To make the WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE HERE IT IS
(A) TAKE 2 CUPS OF DRY CRUMBLES OR PELLETS,
(B) 1 TSP OF DRY FLAX SEED MEAL (THAT IS FOR HUMANS)
(C) PUT 4 CUPS OF MILK ANY KIND SOUR OR FRESH, 1 tbsp of dry flax seed meal,
(D) AND 2 TBSP OF THE BRAGG;S ACV.

(E) ALSO 1 /2CUP OF UNFLAVORED YOUGART.

(D) MIX GOOD. PUT IT IN GLASS CONTAINER, AND KEEP ON THE COUNTER OVER NIGHT.

(E) IF IN THE MORNING YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER CUP OF MILK TO THE MIX TO MAKE IT SOLUBLE, like cookie dough, not soupy,

(F) DO NOT MAKE IT SOUPY AS CHICKENS DO NOT LIKE IT SOUPY.
(G) IF THE MIX IS OKAY IN THE MORNING AND NOT TOO DRY FEED IT IN THE GLASS CONTAINER SO ALL THE CHICKENS CAN GET TO IT.

(H) I USED 2 VERY LARGE GLASS PIE PLATES. AND THEN CLEAN THE PIE PLATES BY BRING THEM BACK TO THE HOUSE.

(I) FEED THIS AMOUNT TO EACH CHICKEN 3 tbsp of mix when wet, so make your recipe to fit all amount of chickens to be fed.
(J) WHEN MIXING FOR 1 CHICKEN DO THISIE: take 3 tbsp of dry feed and add 6 tbsp of milk, 1/4 tsp of dry flax seed meal, 1 tbsp of yougart plain kind, 1 tsp ACV,

(K) NOW IF THE CHICKEN ISSICK ADD THIS TO THE WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE
(L) 1 Vit E capsule buy cutting end of capsule off and squeezing it into the wet mix.
(M) 1-Vit B tablet crushed in table spoon and add a little water to dissolve crushed tablet and then add to wet mash
(N) 1- Selenium tablet crushed in tbsp and add little water to it and then add to wwet mash.
(O) now mx good and feed sick chuicken evey day for 7 days
(P) now feed it 5 times for second week.
(P) then 2 times a week frlife.
(Q) feed all healthy chickens 2 times a week for life WITH VITAMINS ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS.

Thank you so much for your reply. All of the chickens were given a shot for worms about a month ago. Does this take care of mites? I have DE in their nest box and chicken coop. She is as wild as a crane so it would be difficult to catch her to check but I could do it after dark I guess when they are asleep. And I will make that for her. All four of my hands could use it because they've got some respiratory issues right now. So I feed this in addition to the mash

Yes mix it in the evening and let stand in a large glass container so all can eat the WET MASH PROBIOTIC first thing in the morning.
The large hard plastic dog bowl is what we use.
It is abou 12 inches wide or more and 4 inches deep..
If the wet mash dry adder milk to the mix and then feed it.
They should clean it up in 30 minutes.

Also we use DE, you need to use DE liberally also and it seems to work fine.
Besure and add it to the nest box as well
and always add DE liberally to the chicken house floor and bedding every so often.

All this should help.

Back
Top Bottom