Swollen butt area

Rubi43

Hatching
Sep 19, 2023
I need help trying to figure out what condition my chicken has so I can research and hopefully find some remedy. I’ve tried to describe what I see but I’m just not finding something similar. She hasn’t been laying eggs, she did like 2-3 months ago. Her butt area seems like she is about to lay an egg so I thought it was stuck. I checked but I couldn’t feel an egg. It’s not red or losing feathers around the area. She waddles when she runs, I don’t think she used to run like that 🧐She’s been like this for like 3 weeks
96AD7EB5-E3F1-4C80-A9A5-05EE9508F80D.jpeg

Is her abdomen more swollen by feeling it then any other of your birds?
What breed and how old is she?
Yes hers is definitely fuller than the other 2 that look like her and it’s a concern because her abdomen is like that when she’s about to lay an egg. I’ve had her for about 2 years, I’m not sure how old she is. And I think she’s an old English game

What color are her poops? Pictures are helpful. She might have extra fat back there or fluid from ascites or water belly. How does it feel?

What color are her poops? Pictures are helpful. She might have extra fat back there or fluid from ascites or water belly. How does it feel?
Ok I will pay attention tomorrow to her poops and take more pictures. I felt around her cloaca and just felt empty no liquid. And from the outside it’s just squishy.

Back
Top Bottom