one rooster crowing-other not a rooster?

sueandthe6

Songster
8 Years
May 18, 2014
southeast Pa

brought these two home to a friend in aug fully feathered but still peeping. adopted from shelter very emaciated. no eggs thus far but was giving them the benefit of doubt that their bodies were still recouping due to the severe condition they were in when I took them to her. However, the one with the bloody comb started crowing last week. they had to move as the girl who had them isn't allowed . they were set up in a run but apparently the local free range roo had an issue with their presence-hence the bloody comb. I am a dog person learning with chickens as I go and never imagined this much damage could be done via "fence fighting". :-/ So thoughts on if both are roos or if one might be a hen? Only one has crowed all week but no eggs either. Also interested in what they might be. Was told to her by someone Plymouth barred rocks- looking at pics on line-it seems plausible. Doesn't really matter since I have pics but they need rehomed either way and if I can tell people what they might be I am sure that will go easier. The first two are the one who is crowing- and the one who fought (obvious by the bloody comb). The second one hasn't made a peep.

Back
Top Bottom