One Year Anniversary Coming Up!!!

ChicknThief

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Nor Cal
June 6th is our 1 year anniversary
celebrate.gif

We are going camping up in the area where we spent the most time as we were first getting to know each other. Soo many wonderful memories in that tiny town.

When we had only been together for a couple of weeks, I was still living in Penn Valley and he was in Sacramento. He would drive all the way out there (more than an hour drive) to see me as often as he could. One time he came up and was planning on staying the night. I was living with my parents (fell on hard times and had to move back in) and we wanted some privacy, so we got the bright idea to go "camping" with just some blankets. It worked out fine for about thirty minutes. We were cuddled up under the stars, whispering sweet nothings and making plans for the next weekend. And then we were joined by about 18 billion mosquitos who wanted in on the fun. We spent about 3 hours itching and slapping the bloodsuckers off of each other before we finally decided to finish out the night in his truck. You know, the tiny 2 seater.... Yea that worked out greeeat haha. Neither of us had any sleep at all. We finally looked at each other at about 4:30 in the morning and decided to just start our day. I went into the bathroom and to my horror found I had a HUGE spider bite right smack in the middle of my forehead in addition to the uncounted legions of mosquito bites. Jamison wasn't in much better shape. He and I managed to get through work the next day, and we still laugh about our little adventure. And so , we have decided to redeem it by getting that same campsite for our anniversary! This time armed with a tent, gas grill, etc
wink.png

That's just one of half a dozen funny and ridiculous stories from when we were just starting out. We have made it through so many exhilarating "ups" and devastating "downs", and at the end of the day, I am so grateful to have this wonderful, crazy, quirky man in my life and am looking forward to a whole lifetime of anniversaries!

And now, what to do for an anniversary present.... Alright guys, help me out! what have you given/received? What inspired you? I need some ideas. I also want it to have some sort of special meaning for us. (Giant Bug Spray! lol)

Happy anniversary, and enjoy yourselves. The two of you are building a history together. The Princess and I call them "Elaine and George's great adventures". Most things are not worth getting upset over, and laughing is way more fun than griping/crying. It's worked for us for 48 + years.

Thanks Sour
smile.png
Congratulations on making your marriage work for so long! It's almost unheard of these days. I take my hat off to you
thumbsup.gif

Oh yea, and TODAY'S THE DAY!

We are going to a Moroccan restaurant tonight to celebrate. I love my hubbylumpkin
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom