One year old rooster has a fully formed hard lump in neck. Please help and tell me what I can do.

I’m not quite tracking...you got an X-ray done, but you are asking questions without any context for us about what diagnosis has already been done...
Is there a professional involved and if so, what did that person say about the xrays taken?
You are asking the community to speculate but at the same time saying the rooster is under vet care without sharing details.
I would say if you don’t have any more information other than it is a mass, then that’s about all we can help you with. If your hen had a mass because of suspected Mareks, that’s about all this community can speculate about also.

Last edited:
I’m not quite tracking...you got an X-ray done, but you are asking questions without any context for us about what diagnosis has already been done...
Is there a professional involved and if so, what did that person say about the xrays taken?
We need more information. You are asking the community to speculate but at the same time saying the rooster is under vet care without sharing details.
Umm I've given the context in great details. I've also mentioned that all the advice till now has been given by @Saaniya and he is under her care. It was her suggestion that I post his case on the forum so that we can get more help.
Kindly, use a polite tone as I am already under stress with my rooster being sick. I've not asked the community to speculate but for help on a very serious and urgent matter.

It is wonderful that you have a veterinarian to help you. Did they provide you with any ideas that needed to be ruled out? And is a biopsy an option to identify exactly what type of tumor it is? It is always stressful when they are sick, I'm sorry to hear he has this problem. If there is a way to know exactly what type of tumor this is the community can chime in with ideas on supportive care for him.

Ciprocolin is not an herbal remedy, but a strong antibiotic including cirprofloxacin. Sorry that you chicken has this lump. With Mareks being in your environment, it is possible that it is a tumor. How does it feel—soft, firm, hard, or like a water balloon? Does it empty or stay full all of the time? It is good that you have distinguished this from his crop. I cannot add anything, other than if it was very soft, it might be a leaking air sac under the skin. Others may have more suggestions.

Hi ..let me explain
Ciprocolen is here (in india) avail as the combination of 3-6 Essential Oils e.g thyme , ginger , lemon & clove available for poultry . .
@Tanya22 had a rescue broiler under 6 mo old hen year ago who devloped the malanoma she was lame and totally off on legs maybe you remembered cause you helped her knowing that thing .
What I thought Is the same what you mentioned about that Mareks is in her environment because that Bacteria in the environment live so long with/without host .

I recommend all essential oils and tusli leaf (basil) I know that there's no cure of mareks but a try is worth isn't it? The main motto sending a thread here to get more advises because in India vets are no familiar with mareks or leokosis .

I'm in other city Tanya is in other but I try hard to help her .
That lump she said is hard big like ball above on neck ..

You are asking the community to speculate but at the same time saying the rooster is under vet care without sharing details.
I would say if you don’t have any more information other than it is a mass, then that’s about all we can help you with. If your hen had a mass because of suspected Mareks, that’s about all this community can speculate about also.

Hi ..sorry pardon her explanation she's is stress her rooster is not any vet care. She done the xray when she discovered about the lump and talk with me I told her to share her rooster case here in forum cause I get alot of Suggestions in past regarding issues

There's only xray done nothing else . To see the lump inside growth or not

These may be 2 different products, but are spelled very similarly.

https://www.biotestlab.ua/en/products/ciprocolin/

upload_2019-12-14_9-16-53.png

No pardons are needed, I am confident that we have all been in a bad situation at some point. It is hard to convey sympathy through words, sometimes it all comes out wrong.

I don't think the herbs will cause harm. Do you guys have access to any other nutritional supplements to help with his immune system? I think the feed back received so far is the concern of mareks, but the other bird wasn't tested to be sure. This leaves the possibility of any number of things.

If a veterinarian isn't an option, supportive care is the best that can be offered for him.

I found this so far:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tumor-and-possible-mareks.1080669/

No pardons are needed, I am confident that we have all been in a bad situation at some point. It is hard to convey sympathy through words, sometimes it all comes out wrong.

I don't think the herbs will cause harm. Do you guys have access to any other nutritional supplements to help with his immune system? I think the feed back received so far is the concern of mareks, but the other bird wasn't tested to be sure. This leaves the possibility of any number of things.

If a veterinarian isn't an option, supportive care is the best that can be offered for him.

I found this so far:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tumor-and-possible-mareks.1080669/
At the moment I am feeding Brownie multivitamins daily. His dose is .3 ml of Proviboost (I feed it to him undiluted, directly in his beak through a dropper) everyday. He has been on this for a long time. I've attached a pic below of Proviboost's composition for your reference.
He has also had 2 courses of liver tonic (around 3 to 5 days of liver tonic for each course).
Along with this I also have calcium tonic available, though I don't feed it to him since he is a rooster and thus calcium requirement is lower than a hen's (as per my knowledge).

Unfortunately, I tried many vets during the time Tooki was sick but couldn't find any one who was good. It was through BYC and @Saaniya 's help that I was able to do a little bit for her. I am working towards finding a good vet for Brownie as well but till then supportive care is still a Big help for me! Thank you :)
300x280-1369640049862.jpg

You are providing the very best you can for him. The only thing left is a veterinarian.
May I ask the closest city or town you are near? I have a veterinarian friend that is from India. I can certainly ask him if he knows of any chicken knowledgeable veterinarians if you leave near an area he is familiar with.

Back
Top Bottom