Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Ack, no notifications! I like the fish! Very nice.

Thanks! It was fun making it.
IMG_20180924_102234.jpg
The color is way off but the lots of fish is the backing.
No idea why I hung onto it all these years.

That quilt is just beautiful!

By the way, how high is your working surface with the new table? Is it standard table height or did you adjust the legs to a better height to work at?
Thank you, hope I don't mess it up!

The legs are the same as the other dining table, about 29" or slightly more, from floor to surface of the table, did not change the base of the table at all, but sinking the machine down into it to make the machine bed flush with the table top made it the perfect height with the stool I'm using. I think most machine tables are almost 29" high.

Working it, but man, oh, man, is this ever a heavy quilt! I have the center done, but not sure what the heck to do to the rest of it yet.
View attachment 1552312 View attachment 1552314

Very pretty! I love the texture you are getting in your quilting.
What batting do you use?

I am thinking with my cheap batting I may need to double it up......concerned about shifting a bit......

Very pretty! I love the texture you are getting in your quilting.
What batting do you use?

I am thinking with my cheap batting I may need to double it up......concerned about shifting a bit......

Actually, this particular one is 80% cotton 20% polyester, on a 9 yard bolt. It's cheaper that way. It's pretty thin. I think double layering could shift unless you baste it super well.

Actually, this particular one is 80% cotton 20% polyester, on a 9 yard bolt. It's cheaper that way. It's pretty thin. I think double layering could shift unless you baste it super well.

Thanks! I have some 80/20 but cheaped out since I am just learning. I know I got pretty darn thin stuff.

I will play a bit with doubling up on a small(ish) scrap tomorrow.
If I hate it at least I didn't spend much......
I will do my best.

Your quilts always turn out so pretty!
I appreciate you sharing when I have a billion questions.
:love

Back
Top Bottom