Online Dating - Who did it work for? FIRST DATE TONIGHT

~*Sweet Cheeks*~

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Medford, Oregon
I've been divorced for 12 yrs. Tried online dating off and on through the years but haven't been able to meet nice country men in NW Washington.

Wondering if anyone else on here did meet someone online or elsewhere.

Last edited:
~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

I've been divorced for 12 yrs. Tried online dating off and on through the years but haven't been able to meet nice country men in NW Washington.

Wondering if anyone else on here did meet someone online or elsewhere.

mememe been together for 7 years or so. worked great.​

I meet lots of people...
big_smile.png
But I don't think that's what you mean by "working".

DH and I met online in 1995. We got to know each other as friends first. It wasn't until 7 years later, when we were both out of longterm relationships, that we got romantic with each other. By then, our friendship had been firmly established based on shared interests and fascinating conversations.

This is not exactly the same as online dating, but very similar. I met my husband on a radio dating service called the Rock107 Love Connection! LOL You fill out a survey via telephone about your interests, and various things about yourself and your life. Then a computer tries to find matches for you. You would get these voice messages left, and you could then arrange dates with the people you thought might be interesting.

I had alot of fun dating. If we talked on the phone and seemed to hit it off, then I'd arrange a meeting just for coffee. That way, if the person was a total dud, or totally misrepresented themselves, I could be polite but excuse myself after we chatted a bit.

So I met Dave there....we talked a few weeks, then had our first date.....Now we've been married 11 years!

You should try the online stuff! If you want marriage, you can meet people who do too, or if you just want to date, you can meet a person who just wants to date......I had a blast doing it!

It sure has worked for us!

I tried several different sites and had lots of conversations which gave me a working knowledge of how to weed out the flakes. Then I tried eHarmoney on a whim. I met Tom online the last weekend of July. We emailed, phoned, & texted and finally met in person August 17th at a little bistro. All our emails and phone calls had been so great but our face to face was awkward and clumsy so I wasn't sure if I wanted a 2nd date. My girlfriend told me that some people are shy (not me) and the system put us together for a reason, so I should not pass judgement yet.

A couple days later Tom texted that he was going for a long bike ride in the sun, on a whim I invited myself along. We spent 10 hours together, our bike ride took us to a lake where we sat in the sun and talked. He told me his wife of 18+ years had died from breast cancer and he hadn't dated in over 20 years (no wonder he was nervous) but now the nerves were subsiding and he was more like his normal self. We rode back to his house but weren't finished talking yet so we went out to dinner and then to his place for milkshakes. By the third date (a concert at the fair) we realized we are meant to be together.

I know it's only been 6 months and just a few days, but we're madly in love, we are engaged to be married and have just moved into the home we purchased together.

Met my wife on AOL chat in 1995. Got married in April 1997. Our son was born May 1999. Will be married 14 years this April. So yeah, I guess it worked out ok
smile.png

I am so happy for all of you - keep them coming.

I went to a co-workers Christmas Party last year and she had a psychic do card readings (never did that before) and she told me I was going to be in a relationship within 6 months. Thing is - I have given up finding someone who I would be compatible with - one who would like all my criters as much as I do, or at least be accepting. Haven't been on a date in 3 yrs.

For the psychic's prediction to come true, I thought I at least should put myself out there SOMEWHERE.

While getting ready for work this morning, I thought 'too bad the feed store didn't have a singles want ads'. At least that way, I would have a better chance of meeting a country minded man.

One of my best guy friends of 15 years met his now wife on Match.com. They are fantastic couple, and she's pretty much my best friend now. They've been together for 5 years I believe now, married for 2 and just had a little girl in December (which was was honored to be a part of as her "labor coach" - which involved hauling him out of the room for walks when he annoyed her).

I think you get out what you put into it. My friends are so matched it's wonderful, and I couldn't be happier for them.

ETA: My friend who did the Match.com IS pretty redneck and a HUGE animal lover, though he hunts. He's also a head zookeeper at the zoo nearby. I use him and his wife as proof that there are wonderful people online
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom