Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not burn her because there is a burn ban and you can't dig a hole to dry .So, we have a huge compost pile and i took her over their dug out a small with my fount end loader and moved the hole pile on top of her.DANG GIRL, I've done a lot of vet work BUT i don't think i could sew up my own leg!!!!I need to sell a lot of chickens but it is so hot and the chicken prices are so low i'm going to try craigslist again.Sometimes it works good ,other times you may not get any calls. Today i fixed up a old 4+8 pen and added it on the others. So it made the pen on the end 8+8. Then i added the big chicks out of the chick boxes.When they are big enough to fly up to the edge of the box when you open the box, i'ts time to move them.It's always fun to put them in a big pen they just go crazy.

Yes, it is always fun to see them in their new place, those chickens have too much fun. I am trying to get headed to bed. I'm going to Jackson tomorrow for the TSC swap. So I will have to get up early. I already have some chickens in the truck but I am going to take some young ones as well. Maybe some hatching eggs, and perhaps a goat. Who knows what I might have to buy from some one else there!
lau.gif

I tried buying eggs on BYC but had terrible hatches. So ended up paying a hole lot of money for a few chicks.One lady i got 12 lemon blue Cochin bantams and one hatched, I emailed her and she said that she would seen me more eggs for just the shipping cost but she didn't and wont return my emails.SO There you go, the end of my egg buying.

Well, sometimes they hatch and sometimes they don't . Shipped eggs are always a risk. I have some nice birds from shipped eggs, but unless you get a lot of eggs, you usually end up with just a few chicks, and yes it can get expensive. That's why so many people do the swaps, so you end up just paying to ship the eggs. I do plan on swapping more once the heat lets up.
I will update you guys on how the swap goes in the morning:thumbsup

I forgot how big Jersey giants are at my fair it was quit comical since he always had to look down at the other birds.
Try posting about the cow on backyardherds.com

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Dominicker (I think??). I don't remember if it was the LF thread or the crazy egg chain, but I got some WL, EE, and 1 OE egg from him. The OE never developed, but all the others did. I had a few quitters during incubation but had 5 chicks hatch from the EE and 1 WL hatch. Not bad for shipped eggs since I had none hatch from the other WL eggs I'd received before (from someone else).

I also got some silkie eggs from renegaderidge, I know it was on the LF chain, it was a 'standby' offer to her BR. I've got 1 little blue partridge baby hanging out with some coturnix chicks
smile.png
All of the 12 eggs sent started developing but I had several quitters. I think the super hot weather this year and crazy high humidity is really affecting them. I still have a few other eggs in the hatcher but I don't know if they're going to hatch. Hope so!
fl.gif

But it was no fault of either shipper because I had very good fertility and development
smile.png

Well I went to the swap but bought more than I sold!
lol.png
As soon as I got there I bought a pair of gold lace Polish. Then as the day wore on, prices started to drop. I got 9 silkie and 2 sizzle chicks for $1 each! Then a guy gave me a light brahma pullet I had been admiring, so I gave him some eggs to hatch. I sold a few silkiesand some young birds , but that's it. Luckily we were mostly in the shade and there was a light wind blowing so it was pleasant.
Then when I got home I unloaded the truck and went for a nap. At 3:30 some people stopped by who are regular customers. They were still here when the guy showed up to look at goats, so we all looked together. The guy ended up buying 5 does, so that is excellent for my bank account.I was covered in sweat by the time we got them all loaded into buddy's truck. And of course I still had chores to do.
That's the latest here on the farm. What have you guys been doing?

Today was crazy. It all started with my dog locking the doors on my truck with it running so she would have a/c while I was in the gas station. Picture a 6'5" 275 lb guy crawling through the sliding window of a 4 door F350. Then I had to salvage eggs that the PO played kick ball with. My dad helped me finally set up my pool before we started building a pen for my Iowa Blues. Then time to milk and supper and now time to finish chores.

Hi, everybody today i went to the furniter auction with my wife and we looked around but it was to hot for her. So, i took her back home and went back to the sale and got her some things see was looking at and wanted.So i came back with a old german teapot, 6 russian paited plates and a box full of pillows. I love auctions,i got back around 10-30 and had to milk goats and finish chores ,i got done about 11-30!!!

Hey mrhen, we had a dog lock us out of our car the same way, it cost us 45 bucks for pop a lock to get us back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom