Only 4 eggs today

audrey02026

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Dedham, Ma
Okay so I've been recently getting 6-8 eggs a day from my 9 hens that are laying. I didn't check the coops this morning as I was running late. I came home at noon to check and there was only 1 egg in my large coop and only 2 in the small one. The small one is about right there is only 1 more bird that is laying right now and two that should start any day as they are all the same age. But I usually get about 6 a day from the big coop. There are usually about 3 in the morning and about 3 in the afternoon. I did find 1 when I got home from work tonight so that makes two from the large coop. I let them all out for a little while about 4pm and noticed that their water was bone dry. I filled there water but they didn't seem to care about it at all and I know they had water yesterday. I guess I shouldn't skip the birds in the morning. My question is this. Do you think the lack of water has anything to do with it. OR My inlaws live one house over and I know they were in my yard today because the plow for their truck was in front of the coop and today it's gone. I'm thinking that they took them this morning when I went to work. I don't want to ask because i'm not fond of my mother in law and all she does is complain about everything and when you try to talk about why you are calling she always has to go. I don't mind them getting eggs I give them to them all the time and when I go away for weekends they collect the eggs and keep them but the thing is I've been trying to keep a log of what is laid when and trying to figure out by who as well and it just throws everything off when someone takes them. I really think it was her but when I noticed the water I thought maybe it was that....what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom